Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Neb
Senior Contributor

Help?...I think.....

Howdy...it has been ages since I last posted. Mostly the DID is "cured" but not really...makes nonsense eh!
I have been pretty good but I am unravelling like a knit sweater...how come? I have had a Gastroscopy because if having technicolored yawns was an Olympic event...I surely would be going for gold! Amazingly, there was a problem discovered, I am thankful it is not ALL My fault. Hopefully, I shall have the lapband removed soon rather than say decades. The thought of surgery is revolting....violation of boundaries I guess, and it will be lapascopically done?
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Help?...I think.....

Hi @Neb good to have you back.

Sounds like things could be better for you?

Although, if I'm correct, it sounds like there is some relief in possibly getting to the bottom of the situation?

When is the dreaded day?

How are you managing the thought of this ahead of you? Denial, meditation, journaling?

I see your sense of humour shines though...giggle.

Keep us updated,

Hey @Neb 

That sounds really horrible. MY BF struggles with DID. I have to say she is also one of the most truly awesome, inspiring people I know. 

No wonder you are feeling unravelled - boundaries are SO important for those of us not allowed to have them when young.

What might help you through this?

Hope for a sense of humour, ravelled or unravelled, endures...

Kindest regards, 

Kristin

Hey thanks for the replies..... It means a great deal to me! No idea when the surgical procedure will be done, as I said hopefully this decade....vitamising my food is well one step away from baby food!

As the late Sir Terry Pratchett said of his disease it was an enbuggerance....which the DID is to me.

I have had a lovely visit from my mum who hopped the ditch to see me. She is tickety boo in her 80s and spent a week. Did not do anything much, took her around the second hand shops which is a growth industry in this rural town, had a riverboat ride and just enjoyed each other's company. The dreaded " thing" never gets mentioned and I am okay with that. I realise it never will as I shall not be the one to raise it.

I am so,blessed, I tried so hard in the past to quit this mortal coil and spent far too long as an involuntary inpatient. I could not envisage getting to 50 never mind beyond that. Here I am blessed with the daily miracle of waking to life, in a lovely quiet place , with a group of good friends. Everything else is just an Enbuggerance. I have my art and that is a good thing too!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance