Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Lemonjuice
Senior Contributor

I have a mental health problem.

...there, I said it.  My counsellor, gp and even friends have been telling me that I am grieving, that I am depressed, that I am experiencing cptsd, dissociation, etc.  However, I don't think it ever really sunk in...I'm high functioning, people are depending on me, I do what is necessary and I do it efficiently, etc.  I couldn't understand why people told me to be kind to myself, that they cared, that I had been through a lot...to me, I was fine, eventhough I was suicidal.  Yesterday, my counsellor was telling me that she thought that maybe she needed to get me to a hospital...my reply, no, I have to go home to cook!  That's what opened my eyes...I'm not allowed to collapse, to be sick, to fail, to be human.  I'm not sure what all this means, but I think I need to say, I am not ok, that I am suffering, that I am going through mental health issues, that I need the help of others...this is not normal, this is not me, it's an illness.  I don't need to apologise for being sick.  I need to get out for awhile...my head feels like it's going to explode.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: I have a mental health problem.

@Lemonjuice  Hugs ❤️

💓

@lemonjiuce.. I hear you... and can so elate. I cannot fall apart.. i must be strong for everyone around me... I am the one who everyone comes to with their problems. I cannot have problems of my own and burden them with them... I am alone...
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance