Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Posie1
Contributor

Massive anxiety fare up and withdrawal from medication

Hi friends!

Im recently going through a really tough time. In new to this so a bit nervous. Im going through withdrawal and my anxiety disorders have flared up. Medication withdrawal symptoms for me are horrible.include panic, worrying about everything,0CD.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Massive anxiety fare up and withdrawal from medication and drinking..help!!argh

Hi and welcome @Posie. 🙂 Glad you found the forums and it's awesome that you had a helpful chat with the helpline.
The withdrawal symptoms sound really hard - good on ya for expanding your coping toolbox. 👍

One thing I like to do fairly regularly just to improve my mood in general is write down a few positive things from the day (sometimes it's as basic as "it's sunny" or "I saw a spiders web before I had the chance to walk through it"... I find them better when they're kind of funny, but that might just be me!). Some people prefer to call it "things that you're grateful for" rather than "positive things". It's this something that you do or have tried? I'm fairly sure there's a thread here for people to share theirs if you wanted to post there but I'll try to find it in the morning. I don't tend to share mine but maybe I could start now that I think about it.

Re: Massive anxiety fare up and withdrawal from medication and drinking..help!!argh

Hi @Posie1 . Hope you are coping ok. I second @TheVorticon suggestion to write down some positive experiences, can help to shift your mind a little from the panick to something a bit nicer. 

Adding to this, something that has helped me is when im outside (or inside), i just try to notice what is around me, a flower or a tree, grass or the breeze, and just try to feel a sense of gratitude or love towards them in my heart. You can to this for 1 minute or half an hour, whatever is comfortable. It can help to say something either in your thoughts or spoken like 'thankyou for the breeze' or something similar, but its not essential. You may feel a warm sense of gratitude in your heart and this is nice you can just stay with that feeling if it comes. But if not that is ok too. Its not always easy but getting into these habbits weather its writting positive things or something else can gradually shift your attention to other more helpful feelings. 

Re: Massive anxiety fare up and withdrawal from medication

Thankyou for the tips,they have been helpful. i guess just practicing the shifting of mindset is the key.

This is so beautiful and sweey Thanks Jack! Im so good. nearly completely recoverd now. Life is good

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance