Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Brumby7
New Contributor

Pay goes up $ goes down

Hi All, For 8 years now I've being climbing the chain. Eveytime I go up a bracket we have less in the bank. So to deal with my problems around this I'll drink, Smoke and Gamble. 3 of the worst ways of dealing with stress, depression and anxiety. Any tips from the community?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Pay goes up $ goes down

drink, Smoke and Gamble.is not good to help you get ahead my friend @Brumby7 

one is to open a new account and have $$$$ trnsfered into the account , we do this and it does build up bitby bit xxxx

Re: Pay goes up $ goes down

@Brumby7  hello stress is hard to deal with but to maximise your money in the bank I would see if, to start with you could cut back on the drinking/gambling/smoking as much as you can and that will help. the smoking for example if you smoke 2 packs a week (I have literally no idea how much people smoke so forgive me if that is a terribe amount) but that will cost you just over $3000 per year, then lets say you have 1 beer per night (again i dont know how much you drink) that would be approximately just over $1000 per year and I have no idea about the gambling but that would still be at least $4000 per year you could save which is about $153 per pay on smoking and drinking alone. 

I am not saying it is easy to give these things up but even if you halved the amount you were doing then it would be a start. sadly there are not many areas people can cut back on spending so these sorts of things are often the first to be targeted. sorry this was so long, I hope you can find something helpful here. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance