Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Lost1
Senior Contributor

Psychotic phase.

Hi everyone, been a while since I last posted. My husband has schizophrenia and bipolar or schizoaffective disorder and is currently experiencing another relapse of psychosis ‘sigh’. Today he was explaining how all men have two women on their shoulders and one is good and one is bad and he knows I tricked him coz I’m the bad one not the good one - I have to laugh or I’m going to cry. 

His last psychosis was two years ago and landed him a suspended sentence. 

I really wish medication didn’t have so many shit side effects. He won’t take them and it’s such a battle. Thanx for listening. 

5 REPLIES 5
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Psychotic phase.

Ohhh @Lost1

It is so hard at times.

Med side effects = 😬 

Does he have any semblance of a treating team that you can call?

Not really. Every time he gets a good psych they leave and we start again with replacements. He also isn’t a fan of drs lol
Former-Member
Not applicable

I don't think too many of our loved ones are overly enamoured with their pdocs @Lost1 😀.  

Former-Member
Not applicable

How are you going @Lost1?

A bit better than expected. Small blessing he saw sense and agreed to start back on his meds before it got too out of hand. Slow going but okay 🙃

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance