Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

outlander
Community Guide

TRIGGERRED!!!!!

I have been really badly triggerred. None of my coping strategies are working.
It is triggerred all my csa stuff and i really cant handle it!!!!

589 REPLIES 589

Re: TRIGGERRED!!!!!

Big breaths @outlander. Triggers suck.

You're able to see you've been triggered which means you can tell that it is because something is reminding you of something that has happened in the past. That means that today it is not happening, even though your body might be feeling like it is.

Today it is the 24th of November 2017. It is not happening today ❤

Hard though. Really hard.

It feels like its all happeneing all over again @CheerBear
Its using all my senses. I cnt focus on anything else
Running aroubd like a mad chook doesnt help either

I can understand how much it can feel like it is happening all over again @outlander.

Running around might have helped release some of that big fear response, even if it doesn't feel like has.

Reluctant to suggest anything because you work through triggers so often. You do work through them (is my point) and you do get through them. You can do this and it is highly likely this will not last forever, even if it feels like it will right now.

Hope it settles for you soon.

Suggest away @CheerBear none of my strategies are working

Have you tried your flashback cards @outlander?

Sometimes when I am big time shaky, wrapping myself in my blanket (across my shoulders and around my front) and sitting tightly in a ball on the floor (knees to my chest, arms around my knees etc) can help me feel secure and safe. Then I ride it out knowing my body is not designed to last in such a state forever.

Have to head off now. You've got this, even if it doesn't feel like it. Sorry it's so hard right now though.

Big hugs 💗

Its 33 degrees here bitbhot for blankets but i get the pic thanks @CheerBear

I dont know whats worse the physical side or the memory. Both.

Hi @outlander

I am sorry you are triggered - I have no idea what that trigger was at this stage but an anxiety attack is no fun

I read this some time back and I certainly hope you have settled by now - having your family move out will register high on your stress scale because it seems as if it can only be all good but it is actually a culture shock and I get it

All the best - hugs from Granny Dec

yeah gone from anxiety to depression @Owlunar it never ends. it never will. 

it doesnt matter anymore anyway. 

Morning @Owlunar ❤❤
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance