Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Why don't people like me?

When I am having thoughts of suicide, I often look up videos on suicide, from other people who have gone through the same thing, or people trying to help. I saw a video talking about someone's experiences, and what they were feeling when they attempted suicide.

It was powerful and very well made. I watched the video multiple times before I decided to make a comment. I said: 

Thank you so much for your honesty, I really felt understood ❤️.

Unfortunately I am in that position right now, but you're right. You don't know where your life is going to take you, and if you die, then you take away the opportunity.

A while later, I had a look, and she completely ignored what I said. I wrote that ten months ago. She still "hearts" and replies to literally every single comment that isn't spam, but she "missed" mine. Other viewers liked the other comments, but not mine.. so people read it, but they decided they didn't appreciate it.

What was it about what I said that was so repulsive that I was ignored? ON A VIDEO ABOUT [...] SUICIDE.

I messaged someone "Happy New Year" and they didn't reply. Like what did I do wrong?

You could technically say that she just didn't see it.

However, I highly doubt that. I have tried to reason things like that before, and it turned out I was wrong. Where there's smoke, there's fire. For some reason, I put people off, even when I'm comforting them on a video.

I should just stay anonymous from now on...

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Why don't people like me?

Hello @Former-Member 

I have had this happen and yes it hurts. I wanted to say hi and let you know I hear you. Hugs and hugs, you are not alone 👂👀👋🤗

That's something I'll never understand about people, @Former-Member . They're so confusing. In my experience, people don't know what to say to honest, deep feelings so they avoid it. Nothing wrong with expressing, especially on a video like that. As far as your friend's new year's text, sometimes telecommunications go down on Nye due to high demand so perhaps she hasn't received it yet.

Just some thoughts. Thinking of you.

I hear you @Former-Member and I often get the same or (no) response. 

Its hard when we ooen up and make ourselves vulnerable to be missed.

Keep posting here as you will find supportive people who don’t ignore you.

Take care and Happy New Year!!

@Former-Member

Its hard. I experience it too even on text. I cant understand it. I do sometimes shy away from people on text and social media because i hate how they can when you have read the message.

I am starting to resent all types of social media tbh.

Anyway i wont rant.

Just to say i hear what you are saying
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hello @Former-Member , sorry I'm a bit late seeing your post. 

I just wanted to say, I've experienced this many times before, with people ignoring me but talking to others, even so called "family", so you're not alone. It's ridiculous and rude that people do this, so I understand. I'm sorry that it's happened to you.

I like you, and others here do too. I think you sound friendly and caring.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance