Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

alex42
Casual Contributor

first step

i cant seem to find it in me to leave the house anymore, i moved into a new one and i dont have the will to leave anymore
it might be because of evey one telling me that i have no confdence. can anyone tell me how to move passed this? its been 3 mounths now and i think something is wrong and i dont wanna go to my frends about this,coz i think they will only laugh is there a number i can call or a web site?
4 REPLIES 4

Re: first step

Hi @alex42,

How are you going aside from not getting out of the house? It sounds like you'd like to speak to someone directly. Perhaps you could try speaking to someone at Lifeline 13 11 14. Kind wishes.

Hi @alex42

Its great that you reached out, as @Mazarita said lifeline is always a great option, then there is mens helpline who do both telephone (1300 78 99 78) and online counselling - click here

and i may be wrong but it sounds like you are experiencing anxiety? if so you could call Anxiety Recovery Centre Victoria (ARCVic) on 1300 269 438 and they can tell you what options are availiable to you, maybe they do telephone counselling? 

does anyone else have any ideas? 

https://moodgym.anu.edu.au/welcome

https://mindspot.org.au/

Are 2 websites that can start the ball rolling ... good luck @alex42

Mosaic
Senior Contributor

Hi @alex42

It's great to see a number of other members have made some great suggestions for telephone and web based support. I wonder whether @Jacques may be able to relate to your story somewhat, as he also  struggles with anxiety and leaving the house. He may be able to offer some further support and suggestions for you.

All the best,
Mosaic.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance