Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

thanks sis @Sans911

i feel abit stupid for saying this but im scared to go to the drs. i need to go get my foot checked but im scared and i also need to go with pop at some point and try to broach the subject of getting him the myagedcare assessment and im scared of that too. sounds silly doesnt it

Are you elevating your foot as high as is comfortable at night @outlander? You should be using a couple of pillows.

I understand about the worry box too. Things stop being so effective after a while. Good to take a break from it.

Have you tried your Calm app at all?

I know your pop is worrying you, but all you can do is keep doing all you can. It's obvious that you care deeply about him, and he probably appreciates more than he says. That's a precious relationship to have.

You have a lot going on right now @outlander. A lot for anyone to deal with just in their own but your responsibilities for your pop and sisters put extra burden on you. I know sometimes you don't mind, but at other times I feel the pressure you're under.

It won't be like this forever. Things will change. That will be hard in itself, but always know that you're a good person who's always there for anyone

Ahh, nope none of it sounds silly. You're anxious and concerned. Why are you taking your pop for an aged care assessment by yourself? Your mother should really be coming with you. There may need to be some decisions made about him that you shouldn't handle alone.

And nothing silly either about checking out your foot again. It's not healing, it's super painful, and you're concerned. People go to Dr's for much less.

the swellings gone down quite alot but the pain, tenderness, tinging, throbbing and this weird burning sensation and things arent getting any better. having it elevated makes it worse, if i take my foot off the ground for too long it makes walking heaps harder and more painful, 

i havent been finding many things helpful the past few weeks- not the things that would normally help anyway.

my best isnt feeling good enough right now, it always feels like i should be doing more than what i am. And yes your right, sometimes i dont mind but i am really feeling the pressure more and more even though i havent even been having the kids that much either. there just seems to be alot of scary things happening, yet to happen. makes me feel abit all over the place sometimes.

its not actually for the assessment, its so the dr can get that ball rolling @Sans911 theres none of the nuring home, retirement village or end of life sort of things happening, its just that assessment to see which level he would qualify for- which helps with services at home like respite care at home, and meal prep and house help, and also some services become free for him as well like some of those allied servies-podiatry and diabetes management.
i havent even gotten pop on board for this assessment, he doesnt usually even let me got to the drs with him and if i dont start helping him more than i worry that someone will do the whole reporting thing with centrelink and me not being a good enough carer and those sorts of things.

yeah, i guess your right, i just feel strange having to go back again, the drs arent a fan of me either with alot of those sighing moments when im there

gosh scattered brain @Sans911
above 2 msgs

You might have an idea of what direction your pop's health is going, but yes, it must be scary to watch him get older and less independent, a bit more forgetful, a bit more stumbling. I can't give you any advice or words for that except I hear even through your words it's a frightening place. I'm sure you are doing everything you can do under the circumstances to be supportive and caring to him despite your own health concerns. I seriously doubt that you would be caring less for him. He needs some independence to maintain his dignity & pride. I think it's a great thing to go with him to do the Dr's to see what he's entitled to. It might ease some of your responsibilities too, like cleaning. I can't see that you would be reported to Centrelink for negligent care. People think they know everything about someone based on heresay and gossip. They don't live in your home and see all the little things you might do. I bet if you asked do you help him enough the answer would be yes.

And the Dr's you see are unfeeling & insensitive. I saw my GP every week last year and she never once sighed, rolled her eyes or asked me why I was there again. It makes me mad to think they are the way they are.

Thanks sis
Yes it is a hard spot to be in @Sans911 i guess i can only try to do what i think is right and consult those neccessary if/when required. And you have helped. Lots. Thank you xo

I had one good gp- she left last yr and then i had a good temp one thst i had to see 3 times a week for safety reasons but i couldnt be to honest with her as every time i got nervous so did she and her first thing would be ringing an ambulance even though i was safe. Ill try and get to the drs tomorrow. Ill ring in the morning and find out which drs in first fingers crosses its one of the kinder ones.

Thanks for helping me tonight. As always ao much appreciated 💗

Can i ask how your going tonight too?

Always here for you lil Sis. Always. Even if it's just to listen.

I'm tired but OK mood wise I think. I'm having to work on a questionnaire & new or revised safety plan for my support group, and it's brought up a few icky moments. I've thought more about the anniversary past post it then before. There still questions I want to know about it, but I'll never have them answered. My SI has settled a lot now. Haven't sh in months. Still flat most days though.
@outlander

Im always here for you too, just give me a shout. I am so proud of you sis. It makes my heart sing to hear how long youve not sh and that your si has eased @Sans911 youve worked so hard to get to this point even with all the challanges you face and still do you still keep putting one foot in front of the other
I can imagine revising things would bring some icky feelings but at least youll have those plans and supports in place if some of those urges were to rear their ugly heads again.
You can have some of my lil sis hugs, the squishy warm ones 🤗😇😘
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance