Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

very unwell and responding to others

hello everyone

I think quite a few of you might have read some of my long long posts, responses etc etc.

sometimes when i respond to a post, it opens up at a page at a much earlier date. This has taken me a long time to realise this. My chaotic mind did not connect with that. So I have been offering support, expressing my concern about situations that have been and gone.

I have found posts that I have written before and dont remember.

Some of my responses dont seem to flow after the post I am responding to.

So......... I am concerned that I may be confusing. exacerbating, alarming, upsetting others as I manoeuver around the two forums totally oblivious to how i am meant to use this site.

I have written that these forums have helped me so much. i have mentioned this in response to others.

am i creating a chaotic mess, putting people off, discouraging others to respond.

am i leaving a path of destruction?.................................

14 REPLIES 14

Re: very unwell and responding to others

Don't worry @Former-Member, I struggle too.
I don't know what people are talking about the majority of the time! I just simply don't understand what they are saying. But I'm sure people appreciate your words of support.

hello @Former-Member

thank you so much.

i try so hard to help others because i know how horrid mental illness is and how much it affects every aspect of my life. It is relentless.

so thank you your response means a lot.

@Former-Member

Please don't worry it gets really difficult to respond sometimes. I think your posts are always thoughtful and insightful and I can usually see where they are connected to. I do wish there was a way we could respond to a specific post not just thread. I used to get very frustrated too when I joined but I've learned to get over it. Sometimes if I go back to an old thread or post (not very often) I try to repeat that part first. These days I tend to start a new thread (discussion) instead so it's not so confusing. You are so very supportive here please don't let those frustrations get you down or worry you. Sending hugs💜🤗

Hi @Former-Member

No your responses to me are not destructive.  You have always been supportive to me, thank you.

I do understand what you mean though, cause at times I find that I don't know what to write and when I do I don't know if i am upsetting anyone or triggering anyone.

Chaotic mind - yep that's me at times.

Pls take care, you are such a great support to me and many others on here HeartWoman Happy

Join the club @Former-Member !! lol 🙂 I get a bit confused responding on this site to. does get a bit confusing as Ive noticed some posts end up going on forever it seems and end up with sooo many posts for eg "sleeping too much" Im sure people appreciate your effort to take the time to respond. sane members are a great bunch of people and forgiving of mistakes made using the forum. all the best to you. Im @Bridgetjones a 45 yr old singleton from the A.C.T. sending you best wishes @Former-Member

oh thank you so much @Bridgetjones @BlueBay @Former-Member @Former-Member

yes i am in such a mess , gives me some relief to know that i am not alone in my sense of direction on here.

like the fact that i made you laugh. smiling is hard enough at the moment.

i just experimented with emoticons that have only just found after being on here for 2 months so if it doesnt make sense ignore please.

Content/trigger warning
Content/trigger warning
Smiley SadWoman SadCat Indifferent

oh good grief it shows "spoiler" all too hard

@Former-Member

You dont need to explain or feel bad we all understand this.

I have had nothing but supportive responses from you which I appreciate and look forward to more.

You have been nothing but a positive source of support on these forums please dont feel you have upset us.

Maybe you need to just get support for yourself until you are on top of things, I havent repondsed much these last few days because I'm battling to not let myself slide back down so I'm very fragile too.

Take good care of yourself Smiley HappyHeart

Hi @Former-Member, I've been trying to catch up with Forum developments today and so I've come across a lot of your posts.  They are always insightful and supportive and so you have no need for concern. 

I wonder if you'd find the quote function helpful?  When you're typing a reply there is a Quote box just above where you are typing on the right hand side.  If you press this the post you are responding to will then you added.  So when someone reads your post they can directly see what you're replying to.  I don't think it's really necessary as your responses never seem disjointed or out of place but it's something to consider.

Looking forward to more of your input around the place.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance