Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: why can't I cope longer?

@Zoe7 you feeling better today? I didn't know (or forgot) U have tummy probs. Is it IBS?
@Adge is your day ok? Anxiety and triggers settled down.
Hi @outlander CG🎖️ how are ya? Still tending horses & your pop? Is community guide difficult?
MY DAY is slow. Locked myself inside with portable air con blowing hard. Plenty to do if I set my mind to it.
Today is mum's passing anniversary 😞 3yrs now... I don't feel anything with this date, it's just a fact that's supposed to be sad. It's not happy and the cancer ate away more than half her body weight in 3yrs and she was so angry. It was horrible to watch her end, and the sibling rivalry troubles reacting in the background. Poor family. Horrible times. But this date I nearly forgot. Whatever that means I have no idea.
Next fortnight s the big ne. 😩 But I'm more rested now than I have been for few years so apart from isolation... 🤞 fingers crossed that baseline means I'll cope better.
It's good to have both the toot and treadmill fixed... I'm up to 12min x2day. Hope I notice it soon.
EOR🙏

Yes it is IBS @Former-Member I am usually very careful with what I eat but have had quite a bit of zucchini slice the past few days (I made 2 lots) so some of the ingredients in that (cheese, flour, onion) is likely the cause. I can usually have small amounts of all of those but probably too much for my system to cope with over 3 days. Salad tonight 👍

I too saw Nan waste away but it was a much shorter timeframe - and she did not have that anger you had to face. I can only imagine how hard that was for you EOR - especially as you were the primary carer for so long. I can also understand you not emembering the day today - sometimes we need to block out those things for our own wellbeing Heart

Not looking forward to next fortnight at for you Hon - will still be on holidays so will be around if you need Heart

hey @Former-Member
im sorry to hear about your mum and her story. my nan also passed away just on 4 yrs ago from cancer. everyone grieves and celebrates or doesnt celebrate in their own way to. theres no right or wrong way.
i hope the next anniversary you have coming up isnt to difficult but we are here for you if you ever need us too.

im struggling abit but will be ok, just trying to work through some things mentally and physically. Still looking after pop-unfortunatly he is getting worse, still have the horses and also helping care for siblings too. have been having to make a lot of decisions lately but hopefully they are for the best

do you have much on today?

Hi @Former-Member I'm glad your Treadmill is fixed, & that you can use.

Feeling you have to lock yourself in, is not so good.

I often feel like that, because of the neighbour's noise (on all sides) - it's so intrusive.

That's the main (virtually only) reason that I find it hard to spend any time outside - just to enjoy my own space (garden).

Today (all day) there is very loud Chainsaw noise all around me (on all sides) - Supposedly because it's Annual Greenwaste collection (this coming week). So they are chainsawing absolutely everything, for hours on end.

It's more exhaustion, due to my high physical pain levels - that I've been dealing with, for over 7 days (rather than so much anxiety).

I supposedly have Irritable Bowel Syndrome too, as well as Diverticular disease (Diverticulitis) - Which is nasty.

So it's the combination of Tummy pain (maybe IBS or Diverticulitis) + really bad back pain - that has been Zapping my energy.

I just finished doing my Aviaries (Seed, Water, light clean) about 1 & 1/2 hours ago.

I was shocked to find (just in time) that 2 Water Hoppers in 1 Aviary had all leaked out, & were almost bone dry.

Despite the fact that each Water Hopper holds several Litres - & the birds don't even drin 1/4 of that, in one week.

I don't want & really won't cope with any more bird disasters - having all birds die (in one aviary) is one of the worst experiences.

Won't ever forget that - How much can a Koala Bear? Not much more really....

It's a bit hot here - will be much hotter (40C) again, later in the week.

I did my 2nd Yoga class (for the week), this morning - It was a bit of a struggle (very tired & achy), but hopefully will get better.

Adge

Adge

Former-Member
Not applicable

20201105-201042_1.jpeg

Thanks @Zoe7 I'll try post here regularly just for that bit of support if yas can check in now & then. I was only mum's primary carer for 5wks at the end, she was fiercely independent. She was in palliative care X10 days before passing... horrible business.
Hi @outlander, sorry about your mum, it's hard. Quiet day mostly today. I did get out for a bit... spent a couple hours roaming around Bunnings with furbaby, got a few things to keep me busy. Left my phone at home on charge but would you believe I missed X3 msgs😕 inc a missed call, and a friend wanting to drop in for coffee 😕 (glad I missed her just quietly as she's still wearing a mask re Brisbane travel... I'd rather wait the two weeks very much 😕 some people. 

Hi @Adge, feel for you re noisy neighbours... have you thought of buying those Noise Eliminating Headphones? My son says they're great! And early morning might be good for outdoor activities. People like your neighbours don't do morning's in my experience. Are they renting? IBS & D & Colitis... must be horrible. I don't tolerate raw foods (salads) well.
Good job 👍 finding Aviery hopper in time, such a worry... need to check that often by the sounds of it. Lovely hobby birds. Have you heard the pigeon story found masdiated visiting a suburban backyard and nursed back to health? It's been on the news? It's supposedly from the U.S. ? stowaway... but the feel good story took a nosedive when quarantine officials wanted to euthenase re risk to native birds 😒 I'll try find an article and put it in the bird thread.
I can imagine how decorating losing all those birds would have been and please - never again!
Yoga aches and pains... run with it Adge, it means it's working. Haha! "How much can a Koala Bear? Not much more really" Haha! that's pretty funny Adge 🤣👍

I certainly will check in here for you regularly @Former-Member - tag me also whenever you need and as soon as I can I will reply Heart

Still going on my clean up here but making significant headway. I have never seen so much dust though - things I have not moved or cleaned behind since I moved in Smiley Surprised It is going to feel like a brand new home when I finish lol

Big hugs @Former-Member Walking through this time with you. I stuffed up yesterday but hoping it’s better for both of us today.

🤗🙏🤗

Hi @Former-Member Doing my check in as promised to see how you are Hon Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Oh thanks @Eve7 @Zoe7 I'm ok I guess, even went to church this am (first time here) but went to bed after and didn't wake up for 4hrs. Left side of head still hurts. Rang a friend & my son today, and posted a couple of happiest here. Haven't done treadmill re worried about my throbbing head. Had a couple of cries thinking of my girl but if I can lay down I'm right. Headache probably migraine / underlying stress

That headache has certainly lingered @Former-Member but it could very well be stress adding to it. I find that causes some of my headaches as well - combined with neck pain/tension. A good idea to leave the treadmill alone today - look after that head of yours first 👍

Wow 4 hrs sleep - you really must have needed it Hon and if it helps with the memories of your girl overtaking you then do it. Had a bit of a cry myself last night - was cleaning my guitar case (dust) and all I could think about was my friend - he was an amazing guitarist Smiley Sad It still feels like yesterday that he was taken from us ...so sad Smiley Sad

Still cleaning here myself - have to vacuum the bedroom and then that room is done then clean the dining room and that room is done also. Going to do both of those tonight then finish the hallway tomorrow and clean up the mess I have in the kitchen (has become a graveyard for anything going out). Then a final dust of everywhere, vacuum and wash the floors then I will have a new house Smiley Tongue

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance