Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Feeling anxious when away from your loved one // Tues. 24 Apr. 7pm - 9pm AEST

I'm sorry to hear about your father @TAB
Wow he and your family have done so well if at the age of 93 is when he's going into assisted living home.

Re: Topic Tuesday // Feeling anxious when away from your loved one // Tues. 24 Apr. 7pm - 9pm AEST

I feel similar @TAB That no-one will be there for me when I'm infirm or dying.

That's because no-one has been (physically) for many years, I live alone.

Dad's passing (2 years ago) has left a void that cannot be filled (so far).

I still wish that he could somehow walk back in the door, just a wish not a delusion...

In my Carer role, I often have anxiety & intrusive fears & concerns about the people I care for - even the next day, over weekends, or long after I've gone home.

I cannot seem to leave those fears or concerns behind, to just enjoy myself (or my own time) at home, etc.

Adge

Hello @NikNik Smiley Very Happy

I work from home so it is more Mr D going out on his own, with a history of going walkabout (with intent) in the back of my mind is that history will repeat. Meds do appear to be effective so am not quite so concerned. I had an 'anti-theft' device fitted in our car which means the car can be located if needed.

@Adge - that's so much to manage.
I hope tonight is helpful in trying to find those moments to yourself without the flooding of all these feelings.

Hi @Shaz51 🙂

Leaving Mr Shaz alone the first time after he attempted was scary for me also @Former-Member, @NikNik and then he attempted again

and the next time took himself to hospital

Yes she’s still at home. Work ....depends who you get when you ring. And it’s not what is said but the way it’s said. I’m at a stage now it’s my family first

@Former-Member, @NikNik, @Adge, @TAB, @Tanglefoot

we have choosen to work self employed where we are together but I get anxious when he goes up to the garage to do things as this is where i found him on his second attempt @NikNik

It’s so important to remember - your reactions are so normal under the circumstances you're in.

They reflect how you feel and shouldn’t be judged by others who aren’t walking in your shoes. It’s also important to remember not to be tough on yourself! Everyone’s experience is unique, although there are many feelings and experiences that carers have in common.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance