Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Talking to your parents about your mental health // Tues. 5 June 7pm AEST

One of my kids went through headspace. They were fabulous. It helped them hugely. 

I think @Gina-Bell that info graphic was really good. I really liked how it had find the right person to talk to. In my personal experience I’ve had my kids all approach it differently. One didn’t want me involved but told me what he was experiencing and that he was seeking help to overcome it, one refused professional help but found friends to support him and one went through the process collaboratively with me and with professional help. I think finding what works for you is the most important part. 

Re: Topic Tuesday // Talking to your parents about your mental health // Tues. 5 June 7pm AEST

@JessieB

the other one I find useful to talk to a counsellor is 1800RESPECT. Find them useful in talking things through 

@microp Great!! Thank you for adding this organisation! 

I am glad that they have been able to help you!

@Snowie @Teej 

Awesome!! Both really good organisations! Smiley HappySmiley Happy

All awesome suggestions thanks everyone for these. 

The other one I would mention too is depending on what state you're in, to look up your local Family Referral Centre , or Family and Child Connect - they usually have a great idea of all the local services and will help you to navigate it, making sure as well that you know about all the free services provided in the area.

The most important thing is to find someone, or a few people, that you connect with, and you feel can assist you in your recovery.

Thanks everyone for tonight! I had a great time hearing all of your experiences. It's been a great opportunity for me and I hope the information has been useful for you. Smiley Happy

I hope you all have a wonderful night Smiley Happy

This has been such an insightful, and interesting conversation - thank you to everyone who has shared their personal experiences and their tips and advice around this topic. 

It is by no means easy to open up about mental health, and even by having these conversations online, we are slowly breaking down some of that stigma. 

@JessieB it has been so amazing to hear your story, thank you for sharing. 

thank-u-meme.jpg

So that's it for tonight - however, if you want to continue the discussion, you're welcome to either

1) continue the discussion in another thread - particularly if you want to get support about a specific experience

2) keep posting here - we will keep the thread open over night

A HHUUUGGGEEE thank you to @JessieB & @Gina-Bell for generously sharing your time, expertise and experience tonight - we so appreciate it!

Finally - a big thank you to all of you who have asked and answered questions.

I see a few new people tonight - so a big welcome to you! And I also see some old-schoolers - so lovely to see all your familiar 'faces'.

Thanks @NikNik@Gina-Bell@JessieB. 💜🤗

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance