Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Lauz
Senior Contributor

Topic Tuesday // Working through feelings of guilt // Tues 23 Apr, 7pm AEDT

TT Carers Tile.jpg

Feeling angry about the injustice of your loved one’s illness, frustrated at the lack of sleep, the accountability of another person's welfare. Perhaps even anger directed at your loved one for becoming unwell in the first place, these are not uncommon feelings when we are managing the ups and downs of life as a carer.  In fact they are more common than we realise Heart It's time to reinvent the way we view ourselves as carer's, to discuss the manifestation of carer's guilt in a safe and gentle space.

Join us here on Tuesday April 23rd as our Community Manager @nashy  facilitate's a discussion around working through guilt as a carer.

Want to receive an email reminder on the night? Hit the 'Support' button below.

I'm new here - what is Topic Tuesday?

Topic Tuesday runs from 7pm - 9pm AEST monthly. Each month we focus on a different topic, with the session facilitated by a Community Manager or Moderator. Sometimes Topic Tuesday will feature a special guest, who is an expert in the topic.

The first post of the thread (this one) will give you an idea of what the topic is and what will be covered.

How do I get involved?

Topic Tuesday takes place right here! It's text based, so no software is needed. During the session, to keep up with the latest posts hit the 'refresh' button on your browser for the latest posts (it doesn't automatically update). Keep an eye for page numbers at the top & bottom of the page, and jump to the highest page number for the most recent post.

Throughout the session, the facilitator will put questions out for you to answer, usually asking for your own experience on the topic. To contribute to the session, just hit the 'reply' button and share your thoughts. No answers are right or wrong and everyone is welcome to get involved.

If you have any questions about how to use the Forums, check out our Guides

72 REPLIES 72

Re: Topic Tuesday // Working through feelings of guilt // Tues 23 Apr, 7pm AEDT

Hello everyone 👋 those that have clicked support - big huge shout out to ya for joining in this evening 🙂

Heart @PTL  @Bea  @Silvy15  @CheerBear  @Carmello @Former-Member  @Adge @Teej @Determined  @Shaz51  @Former-Member 

Welcome to tonight’s Topic Tuesday where we will be looking at feelings of guilt as a Carer. A very common emotion no doubt, really looking forward to hearing people's perspectives on this one tonight. I am going to allow 10 minutes for everyone to settle in then we wil kick off 😄

hello @nashy  Smiley Very Happy

@PTL  @Bea  @Silvy15  @CheerBear  @Carmello @EOR  @Adge @Teej @Determined    @Anne55 

Hello @Former-Member , @Former-Member , @Determined , @outlander , @Smc 

Hello @Shaz51  😄 😄 😄

Hello everyone who is arriving in the background 🙂

Have we started yet ?
Not sure where I should be looking ....

It’s not always easy to feel positive about the person you care for and at times we may even feel frustrated, angry or any other range of emotions. Even though at times we can feel isolated in this experience, we’re not alone. 

I am hoping to generate some peer to peer skills within this space tonight crew 😄

On the note of togetherness, let's jump into question one!

In your experience, what do you think some of the causes are for feeling guilty as a carer?

Hey there @Carmello  Welcome! Yes Question 1 is above 🙂 Feel free to answer based on your own experience Heart Thanks for being here tonight. Feel free to click refresh on your browser every few minutes to see new answers to the questions.

Hello @Carmello , @nashy 

having to work , family saying things to make you feel guilty

looking after 2 people

I feel so exhausted by the ups and downs of being a carer that when I take time out and have fun I feel sad and guilty that my loved one is so unwell and I am out enjoying myself .

* Being more able than the person/people you are caring for

* Having negative feelings towards them and/or their situation

* Feel selfish for taking time out to look after ourselves and do things we enjoy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance