Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Former-Member
Not applicable

Garden Therapy

Japanese Gardens are some of the diverse and beautiful gardens in existence. SO are classical Chinese Gardens.  I am fortunate that Portland has both and they are both brilliant examples of their type.  Sydney also hashttps://kidbucketlist.com.au/2017/11/02/auburn-botanic-gardens-kids/ these resources http://www.darlingharbour.com/things-to-do/chinese-garden-of-friendship

I highly recommend that if your feeling extremely stressed or out of sort that you visit one of these gardens to find some peace.  Their beauty and elegance has in my experience helped me relax and find my happy place.  I am sure Melbourne and other cities have similar gardens but this is the info for the Sydneysiders.   Anyone who would like to add garden resources to this threat is more than welcome too.

4 REPLIES 4
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Garden Therapy

I can certainly vouch for the Auburn Japanese Garden as that is where I was married to my wonderful husband some years back. ! It's a magical place that breaths peace and the beauty of nature. You just got to watch out for the swans (yes, I was torpedoed by one lol and soon discovered I could walk on water 😂🤣). That raised the blood pressure a wee bit 😆

Another favourite place of mine to unwind and destress for me is the beach that I am fortunate enough to live in close proximity to - I try and go for daily walks along it. There is another tourist landmark In the Hunter Region North of Sydney that have acres of garden rooms - some with different Disney/storybook themes and some rooms having "old world" and cultural themes. They have a "Christmas lights spectacular" there every year at that time that is lit up like Disneyland for a certain period in the evenings.  It's something else and sure to uplift.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Excellent, this is exactly what I was hoping for, new information about places to relax!  Say, what are the equivalent beautiful places in Brisbane, Gold Coast, Cairns, Adelaide, Perth, Melbourne etc...

I completely agree @Former-Member. I love retreating into the garden to relax and reflect 🌱

How wonderful to have been married in such beautiful gardens too @Former-Member

There's an interesting article here about the role of gardens and gardening in mental health. It' can be quite rejuvinating to step away from technology every now and then, and step into nature. 

Do you find looking at pictures of gardens or greenery to be relaxing too? 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Gardens are ideal places for marriage.  THeir beauty represents the beauty of the love that people share at the wedding. It is a beautiful place that lets one reflect on the merger of two families too.  Not just the bride and groom.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance