Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Anak
New Contributor

Sexually abused at school

This post is hard to write as I have been silent for 20 years. When I was 8 years old I was sexually abused at school by a teacher. I never told anyone because I was scared that no one would believe me.

I don't want to be silent anymore I want to tell my story so others too feel that they have a voice.
I have suffered during my adulthood with relationships, jobs and trusting other people.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? How did you get help and did you get lawyers, courts involved.
So much has been taken from me I want justice.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Sexually abused at school

Hi @Anak What you have been through is horrible and you have every right to want justice. It is very brave of you to want to tell your story and also to pursue this further through the legal system if that is the avenue you decide to take. Do you have any supports in place (psychologist/counsellor) presently that can help you through the next steps to take? Do you also have support of family/friends that can be by your side? 

You may like to contact the Blueknot Foundation here to get some advice and help also.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance