Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Re: Latest responsive update - feedback and queries

Thsnkyou @Lauz 😊

Hi all - I really appreciate the responses and comments you have made here. I am just catching up and working my way through them so bear with me here. We are listening to your feedback though, it's important to us! (okay whoops, I know that sounded a bit computer automated response there but I did genuinely write that in a meaningful way...!! 😂) I'll be feeding back to the project team as well to get you some more insights. 

@Mazarita lets keep an eye on that notifications issue and if it continues shoot us an email. @TAB - you mentioned a tech issue and spelling mistakes? Could you possibly let us know where you saw these? Feel free to email us if you prefer team@saneforums.org

Hi @Former-Member - we've realised the title of this box is a bit confusing, it's actually the latest discussion threads - we will be updating the title, but also adding the Latest Comments box back in.

Thank you so much for your feedback -very helpful

Hi everyone! @CheerBear @TheVorticon @Mazarita @Appleblossom - thank you so much for your feedback! We hear you and we will be bringing the Latest Comments box back, (and re-labelling the new one Latest Discussions).

We are working on it and should have it back up by mid-next week at the latest.

Hi @frog, regarding the large heading / tiny text, can you let me know what device (android phone/iphone/andriod tablet/ipad/computer) you are using and what browser? cheers

Just to follow on from @s-jay - a few of you also mentioned not being able to get to the recent discussions at the main homepage in each side of the forums. 

It was found that displaying content in each forum to people that may only be looking to see discussions in one side was confusing, it was also noted that from here new members/visitors got confused and could’t identify what they are. The primary purpose of the homepage is to direct visitors to each forum.

Now once you choose which forum you wish to engage in, you can utilise the latest posts (which will be relabeled as latest discussions) in that particular side of the forum to get across the latest threads started. There is also the 'unanswered' drop down which is great for welcoming new members if they have just posted.

@Mazarita in regards to navigating back to the lived experience home page and multiple click throughs - the lived experience heading is still clickable and now there are also breadcrumbs that actually allow you to go directly back to somewhere rather than having to click through. Hopefully this clarifies that concern?

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 12.59.12 pm.png

Glad you are taking latest discussions seriously. Thanks

@Mazarita explained the effect of the latest posts well.

The old system of latest posts did actually differentiate between the Carers forum and Lived Experience.

Woman Embarassed

Thanks so much for hearing our feedback and acting on it, @s-jay@LauzSmiley Very Happy Heart

Lauz, thanks too for explaining how I can still navigate easily to where I want to go. Not sure how I missed that, but I'm known to make mistakes, try as I might to be perfect (still working on easing up on that!) Smiley LOL

Another little bug to report, again of no urgency, as it has no real effect on things, just looks weird. When I 'preview' my posts I get two error lines that say 'this widget could not be displayed' (image below). I am on a PC desktop on latest version Chrome browser.

Cheers to you both for the work on all this, no doubt not an easy task! Smiley Wink

2018-10-24TechIssue.jpg

Hi @s-jay@Lauz, just another report of a minor issue on the new site. There is a spelling error showing up on all replies to posts. At the top of each reply it says:

'IN RESPSONSE TO:' followed by the name of the thread. 'RESPSONSE' should be obviously be 'RESPONSE'.

Here's a screen image:

2018-10-25TechIssue.jpg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance