Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

@Former-Member, am rather hoping the combined thing comes together. It would give us a specific date to aim for, and would mean a lot of extra people in town specifically looking for garage sale stuff.

We're heading up to my parents' place again this Friday, so I will have to be very carefully considering what comes back with us. Thinking maybe some of the "outdoor" items that we really want/need. And will see if we can find some stuff to "toss" too.

A combined sale would be ideal particularly if people from nearby larger towns could be enticed to visit @Smc .

@Former-Member, we went to one in a nearby town a few years back. There were lots of people both browsing and buying, and the whole thing had a bit of a "special occasion" feel to it. I'm sure it also brought extra customers into the day to day businesses there, especially the antique/bric-a-brac shops and the cafes.
We were after building materials at the time, and it was good being able to go to a number of close together sales to see what we could find.

Started work on sorting another box this week, all very slow but was able to get rid of some rubbish, old catalogues and papers no longer needed.

Tidied up a couple of bits in the office today and have removed a couple more items from the box I am currently tackling.

Younger Daughter's friend has arrived to stay for a few days... which has spurred said Daughter to do a cleanup of her room.

When I say "cleanup", I mean she's done a bit of a sort out, then she's filled bags with whatever was all over her floor and brought it out to me for sorting into rubbish, recycling, lost cutlery, odd items of clothing and "assorted stuff". 😛

I'm sort of OK with that. She's pretty stressed, and if it was left to her everything would just go straight into the rubbish bin, and we'd never find our missing spoons etc. But ooh it was a big sort out! I'll be very glad when she starts feeling enough in control of life to keep on top of her room.

And of course the big "win" there is that there's 2-3 boxfuls of recycling and a couple of supermarket bags full of rubbish no longer in the house.

Dealt with a few more bits of rubbish today and have offered some knick knacks to a neighbour - hoping I can offload them. 😀

We've got another family dinner coming up Easter Monday. (Sunday looks like being too hard logistically... cooking time etc.)

At Christmastime, a lot of stuff from on and around the dining table ended up spending the day in boxes on our bed. I've been able to properly tackle some of those boxfuls since, so we have kept and maybe even gained a bit of ground. Am wondering if I can gain a bit more before the day? Would be nice not to have to just shove it all out of the way this time.

No way the room is going to be decorator magazine pretty and presentable, but for now, I'll be happy enough with servicable.

hello @Smc , @Former-Member , @Determined , @greenpea , @Sophie1 

general cleanup today , things put in the recycle bin and some put in the bin Smiley Very Happy

@Smc  maintaining what has been done = 🙌

Making ground = 🙌🙌

@Shaz51  general cleanup = 🙌

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance