Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

@BlueBells  Last local dr appointment was more so review of meds.  6 weeks on anti depressants by then.  When I said different things still struggling with he doubled my dosage and said about psychiatrist and to discuss with my psychologist, no other info.  I’m thinking psychiatrist to get me onto best meds.

@Patches59

Ouch !!! I had a doc do that, kept upping meds until my children (in their 20's) sat me down and told me I was showing most of the bad effects of too high a dosage.

I went back to doc, and he didn't listen, just upped again. I weaned myself off, but I would never ever suggest you do that.

I would have a good talk with your therapist about dosage rates though.

Great idea.

Had most recent psychologist session late Friday afternoon which I feel went well.  We talked about how I’ve been feeling last few weeks and that local dr has recently doubled dosage of my anti depressants.  We talked about I’ve been feeling during the last week and I mentioned I’m feeling some small improvements.

psychologist said double dose of current meds might help me but that I also might be better on one or more different meds.  Talked about possible referral to psychiatrist which she feels will be good step for me, even if only for meds.

Saturday made list of things and divided them into 3 days in order of priority.  Got almost half done on Saturday which felt so good.

yesterday started off ok prior to all of a sudden overwhelmed by feeling of sadness and spend couple hours in tears

early afternoon took car load of items to storage facility. Got there, no moving trolley.  Mega frustrated.  Lucky I had put my own clax cart in my car but isn’t as good or large.  Came home feeling angry and in lots of back pain, damn arthritis

this morning, meds all taken including sinus meds …. have had heat pack in place for awhile.  Time to pack the car again and try to have relaxing afternoon

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance