Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

Omg I just saw :face_with_rolling_eyes: where 🤗 should have been. So sorry..💜🤗 @CheerBear .

Haha I didn't even notice @Teej 😘

@CheerBear I totally agree with @Teej - it is wonderful that your LF trusts you enough to open up to you even if it is just a little bit at a time. That not only shows that you are a wonderful mother but your LF is comfortable enough to talk to you about the really hard things. That is a big thing for any kid to do so they not only trust you but must also feel like they will be believed and supported ...and they are big things for kids when they have been holding things in to themselves for some time. I can imagine you are super proud of your LF for having the confidence to open up to you like that but also feeling a lot of anger as well for the other parent - as you have every right to be feeling. You are doing everything possible to provide for a safe and nuturing environment for your little fish and doing an exceptional job at that CB - your LF talking to you as they have is evidence of that Heart

I hear you about the situation with your parent and how hard it is for you. We need that sense of control over things when so much of our lives have been controlled by others - but this is a very difficult situation and you have to 'go with the flow' - not at all easy when you are juggling kids, volunteering, school stuff and your own daily battles. Again though CB you are doing the best you can and supporting your family in this really difficult time.

It may seem at the moment like there is no 'happy face' that you can put on but from an outside point of view you are doing an amzing job in the most difficult of circumstances - and that is not only commendable but shows your immense strength. Reach out to your supports as much as you need to help you navigate all this and know we not only see how difficult this all is but also believe in you - because you really are doing an amazing job CB Heart

Thank you @Zoe7, lots. I really appreciate it. Still waiting to hear what day treatment is which is seriously frustrating for everyone and not helping anything. He's really unwell today also which is causing nerves. Other parent and I spoke about needing to get our spare room organised 'just in case'. It sucks watching and waiting. The little I mentioned had a friend over for most of today as it was a no school day. They had a great day and are happy and bubbly tonight. It's nice to see and has been a really good way to end the day.

So great to hear you had what sounds like a good day back today. You've really come a long way (even though I know it's still really hard at times) ❤

Lovely to hear that little had a good day with a friend. Kids are so resilient and I bet having just a little off their chest has actually given them some relief @CheerBear They will come around to talking to you more in their own time but knwing you are there, listening and validating their feelings would be such a load off. I think so many of us know how hard it is as kids to tell anyone anything that is going on for us so it is indeed a massive positive that they could come to you with this - that is the start of dealing with it all also and so good to be able to do it when younger and not have to carry it around longer term.

The situation with parent is heartwrenching and even though you know what is happening it does not in any way make it any easier. I was fortunate enough to have some time with my Nan before she passed away - she chose not to have treatment - so it was a very valuable time for all of us. It doesn't take away the pain of watching those we love suffering and it certainly doesn't help us in feeling powerless to change anything. ...we do what we can when we can and hope that it is enough. You have been through so much already and this next stage with parent will not be easy but I have faith that you will rise up just as you have so many times. You truly are an exceptional role model for your kids and a wonderful daughter. Hold onto that little bit of belief in yourself and let it help you move forward over the coming weeks - and of course you have support here along the way Heart

👋 all

@Teej just checking in with you to see how you're going if you'd like to/can share and to let you know I'm thinking of you 💚

I’m okish @CheerBear. Just having an internal battle when it comes to writing something emotion filled about me or anything much about me in depth.

Non emotion filled things

• I saw gynaecologist yesterday and my hairy teethy cyst has grown a bit in a month so they’ll take it out within the next three months. I signed all that paper work yesterday which is all ok for me. 
  • The biggest kids are back on the weekend, well back for a few months.
  • Feeling a bit crappy physically, nothing major just annoying. 

Emotion filled things (that I’m not in a headspace to talk about yet) 

• Court, house and ex stuff big time
  • some things kind of related around adhd 
  • anxiety around future

Thanks for asking. I’m not sure if your mood has lifted a little, it seems like it. 💜🤗

@Teej @CheerBear ❤❤

I love the way you wrote your post above @Teej. Full respect to you with that.

Thanks for letting us know where you're at. Always listening if you want to share but understanding it's hard to and not what you might want to do.

@outlander ❤ Great to see you. Hope you're going OK (interested in hearing also)
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance