Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: My f@itness journey

thank you my super @greenpea , feeling a bit better today xoxo

Hello @Queenie , @Gazza75 , @Meowmy , @nashy Heart

@Shaz51 Hey darling shaz, hope you will have a lovely afternoon, some pleasures and restful peace.

heyyy my darling @Meowmy , hope you day has been ok xx

hello lovely fitness people @Queenie @Meowmy @Gazza75 @greenpea 

I haven't had any work shifts yet this week so I've had plenty of time for fitness. Yesterday I did a 5 minute, standing abs workout I found on youtube. It's great because normally I can't do abs workouts (like crunches) as they hurt my back but this one is standing. You might like it Meowmy as it's got super star-jumps & I know you like those. You might like it greenpea as it's good for core. It's only 5 minutes but it is hard work! No rest intervals. 5 minute Standing Flat-Belly Workout

Today I went for a hike in the hills but can't say how far Smiley Sad It was a good cardio hike anyways. Hope everyone feel motivated to do a little exercise today Cat Happy

Hi @BryanaCamp ,

The standing abs workout sounds great.  I'll have to check it out this afternoon.  I have troubles with my back so can't do as much core stuff as I'd like to.  I'm sure you had a good hike and I'm guessing about your normal distance and duration.  Keep up the good work and inspiring the rest of us 🙂

I'm confused about the distance thing as your earlier post was reinstated.. maybe a @moderator can clarify for us? 🙂  thanks in advance mod 🙂

Thx @BryanaCamp I liked 3 of the exercises and will include them ... I cant do any jumps or high impact ...

Smiley Happy

Hi @Gazza75 and @BryanaCamp 

I don't feel I'm across all the posts and background here in relation to 'distance' and a post you mentioned that was reinstated but if you do have any questions about posts and guidelines please feel free to email at: team@saneforums.org

Cheers!

Ochre

I had an appointment with an exercise physiologist yesterday and it went really well. I hope to work with them under the ndis.

Hi fitness friends @Queenie  @Shaz51 @Meowmy @TAB @BryanaCamp @Ant7 @greenpea , I thought next week I might post something about nutrition.  I took some notes when I was in hospital last year and more recently when I had a private consultation with a nutritionist.  I have it on a corkboard so its one of the first things I see each morning when I get up.  

I've been getting through the days pretty well, but, struggling at night with cravings for sweet and savoury snacks.  Need to focus on fruit and healthy alternatives.  Making some progress and trying to keep the momentum going this week.

Wishing you all a productive Friday and weekend ahead.  Take care.

You should certainly post about nutrition @Gazza75 . We all need motivation there. I graze all evening with my post-dinner cravings... bbq shapes and choccy and so on. But I must admit, having healthy alternatives on hand does help, especially crunchy things - celery/carrot/cucumber sticks with hummus, highly nutritious & better than tim tams Smiley LOL

I did a 21km hike yesterday @Gazza75 @Queenie @greenpea @Meowmy @Ant7 a goal I've had for some time. It's my usual 16km hike with an extra branch off into the rainforest. It was misty and lush with a cackling creek, bird calls and, as you can see, lots of dense vegetation. Magical. rainfrst1.JPGrainfrst2.JPG I was quite tired for the last few kms but feel good today so my fitness must be...finally...improving.

@Former-Member if you need me to remove the kms I hiked, I have a couple of points for you to consider first before asking me to email you. 1. We've had kms ok'd for ages, then I was moderated & asked to edit them out, then they were re-instated agian which was great. So I've inlcuded them here as I'm proud of them & my friends here are the reason i've been able to achieve them. 2. This is a positive thread about goal attainment, healthy exercise and  improving mental health through physical activity - we're doing what is preached at us constantly by mental health professionals: if you exercise consistently your mental health will improve. A lot of the forum is negative & about helplessness & hopelessness so why censor our positivity? 3. I believe the onus is on the individual to avoid a thread about fitness if it may trigger eating disordered behaviour. This thread is clearly titled "fitness" and I'd be more than happy for the title to be altered to include "trigger warning ED", or, to start a new thread with that trigger warning if you wish. For example, I don't like ptsd or csa and the onus is on me to avoid those threads that are clearly labelled as that, it's my responsibility. There is great value & support in this thread for me and others as a motivating, validating & inspiring thread for goal attainment & I don't think we should be penalised for being positive when any risk posed to those with ED can be avoided with a trigger warning. Thank you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance