Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care by growing a garden

Smiley LOL I know @Former-Member 

should see it when mr shaz decides to do our place

even worse when he decides to do my mum`s xx

SketchForAutumn-blog2017.jpg

Grant Snider comes out with some great cartoons. I found out a while ago that you can follow them on social media, so they're on my "see first" list. 🙂

Had to do the sad thing of "planting" a chook yesterday. 😞 She'll be sprouting flowers come springtime. She was a newbie, a swap for one of our young ones that turned out to be a rooster. Pecking order squabbling went toxic, and she failed to recover from the damage she received. Not the kind of new home I was wanting for her.

Losing a newbie chook = 😔.   @Smc , hope the plant she is fertilising flourishes.

Moved a few poppy seedlings today, have a heap coming up where I spread some seed heads earlier.

hello @Former-Member , @Smc , @Determined , @Maggie , @Ali11 

flowers from my garden

red flowers.jpg

Beautiful @Shaz51 

the bush is totally covered with them @Former-Member , @Former-Member 

the vase you see  --- dad thought he better give me some money for my 21st -- ha ha $ 50 dollars , so I brought this vase and now i am nearly 55 and still have the vase

@Shaz51, the vase looks very much like one we got as a wedding pressie. 🙂

@Former-Member, I've just come in from moving seedlings too. I've got a couple of areas that I want to "renovate" that are full of self seeded plants that I'd like to keep. I've potted some borage, larkspurs and Miner's Lettuce to move elsewhere. There's also lettuces, assorted poppies, nigella and parsley coming up, but most of those are still too small to transplant.

Might put some of the larkspurs over chookie's resting place.

Beautiful flowers @Shaz51, and so special that you still have the vase! 

@Sheila @Needpeace 

Please don't be put off by us "oldies" would love to hear about your gardens.

Today I pruned part of an overgrown rosemary plant. Mr Darcy was out and I need his strength to finish the job. I also pruned a standard rose and pulled up a few weeds.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance