Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care by growing a garden

@Former-Member, this one came out

2-E9C0965F-1068101-480.jpg

Former-Member
Not applicable

Beautiful @Shaz51

Hi @Smc

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @Jimsbobby
How does your garden grow?
Darcy

Hello all. English article I found online. I can relate to finding winter a bleak and "shut in" time. I keep dreaming about setting up a greenhouse big enough to hold me as well as some plants for when it's too cold and wet to be outside.

Got out and dealt with a small part of my big veggie patch area this morning. I'm realigning the beds to run east/west so that they catch the sun better, instead of lining them up with the side fence. Transplanted a fennel plant that was outside the new garden edge (and forgot to water it. Will have to give it a big soak in the morning.). Pulled out weeds (gave them to the chooks), tossed aside the old rock edgings to use elsewhere, dug over the soil. Only about a square metre or two, but tomorrow I'll tidy up a bit then toss in some seeds. Peas and silverbeet, I'm thinking.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/gardening-blog/2016/jan/22/gardening-is-the-best-medicine-f...

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Smc
Finally made it out into the garden. Not for long but pulled out some silver beet that had gone to seed and got a small section weeded. Went to a friends for lunch, she has got a salvia that can be divided and I know just the spot to put it ... more weeding required.
Take care
Darcy

Hello @Former-Member, @Smc

done some weeding yesterday , boy, a vine was taking over the corner of the garden

and my Lemongrass is soooo high now , Lemongrass tea for everyone , maybe i should divide it and give it away to others

we have 2  avacado trees growing on the footpath , see people picking a couple in the monings when they go pass , have to be quick and pick some early

Former-Member
Not applicable

A friend of mine is keen on scrumping @Shaz51. Your trees would not be safe if she was in your neighborhood.

Lemongrass to me is Thai food. I also have a beef with tamarind and lemongrass recipe which is delish. My climate is not suitable for lemongrass, avocado or tamarind (but I do grow my own beef).

D

a beef with tamarind and lemongrass recipe which is delish.-- that sounds nice @Former-Member

I usually just make lemongrass tea here , you grow your own beef xx

Former-Member
Not applicable

In the marie claire cooking cookbook @Shaz51 link to book, will see if I can find a link to the recipe.

https://www.eatyourbooks.com/library/71465/marie-claire-cooking/4
Former-Member
Not applicable

Are you planning on putting in some spring flowering bulbs this year @Appleblossom?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance