Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Stories of Recovery and Healing.

dear @Former-Member

Apologies that it took me a while....i truly thought that I did answer you !!

how is it all going ? 

You remind me of my sons who are both muddling their ways in their lives. My oldest.....26 years old.....somewhere is his story....refuses to take medication but he works fulltime and sees a Psychotherapist once per fortnight. 

My youngest son......medically managing a non functioning shunt, hole in his fontelle and a now benign tumour: is discussing with my  hub. and me about coming home for a couple of months to rest from life and thinking about going back to Head Space.

Where did you get the jackpot of good care for your husband ?? It is rare...............but......lol.....I do live in the West.........lol     

dear @Shaz51

I've been reading your story for a while: if there was a button showing how many your story was read....it would write lots and I've answered it as well but message did'nt go through.....

Your awesome and you stretch yourself to care for your husband and his children and make them your succes story too !!!

I LOVE reading your story. 

I love reading your story because you did'nt stop your story with you but you grow older and you find and heal other people that you love. 

Wow. 

I wish that there was more people out there like you.

Me and my husband visit a 16 year old teenager who is homeless here.....we just buy her a McDonalds meal and a thickshake and if we have the money, we give her $10 dollars or so........

We have to take care of ourselves first but it breaks your heart about the homeless does'nt it.........

I have no idea why I just wrote that to you but there it is.......

thanks for your story,

PP

Hello @PeppiPatty

Me and my husband visit a 16 year old teenager who is homeless here.....we just buy her a McDonalds meal and a thickshake and if we have the money, we give her $10 dollars or so........-- what you did was beautiful my friend xx Woman Happy

I love reading your stories xx

@PeppiPatty
After many hospital admissions over a 3 year crisis my husband has made it through a full year without a psychiatric admission.
Feeling very grateful for this.

I feel so overwhelmed by this and I have not been able to tell anyone as I start crying but out of the blue on new years eve Mr Darcy told me he was glad that he had survived his attempt.

@Former-Member thank you for sharing that. It would be overwhelming for you, I trust it also brings you some relief.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance