Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Hey @Angels333
Enjoy your day my friend 🙂
Hope it's a nice sunday

Hey hey cool cat 😎 @Zoe7

It's sunny here today so some light for sure. Hope you enjoy your couch based day 🙂 my friend

Hey @MDT Plenty of sport watching and couch laying planned - the perfect Sunday with the weather as it is. No doubt Toby will be snuggled in close so that adds to the comfort for me. Any plans your end buddy?

Good morning @Zoe7 @greenpea @Angels333 @MDT @Appleblossom @CheerBear @Exoplanet @Adge @Shaz51  and all who pass here today.

@Zoe7  hope you're rugged up and cozy

@greenpea  hope your daughter starts to feel better and you get some rest today

@Angels333  hope you get your garden looking the way you want it

Having a day at home today with no particular plans except not to tackle anything tricky.  Tomorrow will be spent talking to various people to better understand my new NDIS plan, so I'm resting my brain in advance.

Yes cosy here @eth Already rugged up with doona and dog in front of the tv and computer screen lol Heater on, Cat snuggled in her room and Giraffe still taking pride of place in the loungeroom - so not much has changed over the weekend. Needing to climb up on a chair to do the giraffe's head but that would take me away from the cosy of the couch so it may not get done today.

Sounds like you are having a much needed rest today as well before you need to tackle the NDIS stuff tomorrow - enjoy your day Smiley Very Happy

You too @Zoe7 .  Your giraffe sounds like a major work of art!

He is life-size @eth - so pretty big. The head needs to be fixed as it got damaged in all the moves but once that is done I will repaint him. He was outside in the weather for a while so got really dirty and there was some damage done to him at the school so he needs a completely new paint job. That will take a couple of days to do so it is my plan to paint him all white again then paint on his markings later in the week. It has been a big job to do but hopefully this is the last time I will have to rejuvenate him.

@Zoe7  would a top coat of some sort of lacquer (sp?!) help to protect him?

Most of the damage was done by kids running into him or poking holes in him. His head got damage when I moved him. He had been outside in the cold and weather for too long and that made him a little softer than if he had been inside all the time. I may cover him with a waterproof varnish this time @eth and I expect the kids at this school to be a little more respectful. He got moved around a lot at the previous school and was not always put in a safe place - pretty much shows the culture of that previous school - so glad to be out of there.

@Zoe7  it has been really clear how much better off you are in this year's placement.  Always sounds like you look forward to being there and get great support from your colleagues.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance