Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Aged Care Package sending me crazy

Thank you 💜

The system is broken.  How can NDIS not be means tested and Aged Care is?  Why do I need a Provider to manage my Package but NDIS recipients don't.  The list goes on and on.  Unfair, discriminatory, ageist and insulting.  We're not all worn out grannies.  Just look at the publications My Aged Care produces! The department is Ageist!  I am a product of the 60s and 70s. We blazed the trails for the younger ones.  They forgot that.  

At least I'm feeling a bit better.  I'm not frightened of the fire.  I've lived through the fires of a few years back. I'm frightened of never getting my needs met and/or going crazy in the process.  

Hi @Leonie1
Thank you for sharing this. Holding lots of space for your frustrations about the way things are set up, sounds very unfair 💛

How the system is generally set up it seems that it accounts for the needs of certain individuals but leaves out the needs of others.

I hope your needs are met, you deserve it. We are here for you 💛

Thanks.  Every time I try and reply my post disappears.  We are not treated as individuals.  That's the problem.  Were treated as old people ready for the scrap heap.  I think the department violated it's own charter on the rights of the Aged.  I am far from worn out 😁. And I just lit a big fire and cleaned up a lot of leaves.  I'm a product of the 60s, 70s and 80s.  The upcoming Aged Pensioners are the trail blazers 💜

Who gave the admins of this forum the right to label me a sebiof contribution without my permission?  Ageism is rampant.  That is rude and presumptuous.  You people need to wake up and show some respect.  I don't wear labels.  If you want to describe me Warrior will work l.

So angry with you kids 😠😠😠😠

Show some respect!

Hi @Leonie1. The labels that appear refer to the number of posts a member has created. It starts as 'New Contributor', moves to 'Casal Contributor', and then to 'Senior Contributor' depending on how how long they have been part of the community. Once a certain number of posts have been made, it is automatically updated. It has nothing to do with a member's age, and is not something controlled by the moderation team.

Feel free to reach out to us via team@saneforums.org if you have any questions or concerns. 

I request you change it.

This is my second post.  What is going on in your brains?  Seriously?  Are you totally insensitive?  The rest of us know what senior means.  Look it up.

The admins here let this forum down yet I imagine you are the only ones paid.  Wake up to yourselves.  I've had a gutful of being patronised by admin here.

Removev the word senior from my profile or I'm leaving 

Show some respect 

Hi @Leonie1

As we said before, it is an automated process that has nothing to do with age, it is based on the number of times you have posted on the forums. Many members of all ages have this label on their profile. Unfortunately, the moderators cannot change this for you. If you would like, you can submit a complaint via this page. It is of course up to you if you wish to continue participating in the forums or not. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance