Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

-Rayne-
Senior Contributor

Am I here?

I don't know if here is real

10 REPLIES 10
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Am I here?

Hey @-Rayne-. Are you home from hospital? Been thinking about you. Not sure where 'here' is to know if it's real 💜🤗

thanks teej, yeh 'm not in hospita..l i think i move housd

utopia
Senior Contributor

@-Rayne-. Are you feeling more settled now? It must be hard when you don't know what is real.

@utopia maybe a little. i don't know. everything is confusing which probably i should be used to by now but more confusing that usual i guess. i don't know - the only thing i know is that i don't actually know anything at all. when socrates said that it was profound but for me it's just screwed up. i feel like i spent 9 hours today trying to work out if i was alive but it might have just been 9 minutes. i really can't tell. sometimes i'm in places that seem as real as this but they're not here so how can i know which is right? does anyone else have this?

utopia
Senior Contributor

@-Rayne-. I haven't any personal experience with this. It's sounds beyond frustrating and confusing.
I wonder - do you have anyone in your life - that you would trust to tell you if something isreal or not?
Or do you prefer to try and work it out yourself?

Hi @-Rayne-

If you see something can you go to that thing (tree, vase, lounge etc)? Can you touch it? Can you feel the smoothness of the vase or the roughness of the bark? Can you feel water running over your hands from a running tap?

These things, these tactile feelings will tell you if 'here' is real.

Thinking of you 💕 🎶

thanks @Kurra @utopia. I don't know. I try to do what @Kurra says and similar things that have worked before but I don't think this place is real. I'm trying to count time which is hard but if I'm doing right then here is not as long as other place so I guess that makes the other more real than here. Then also other things don't make sense like I don't remember here being like this before so maybe here isn't actually where I think it is. Does that make sense? It makes me tired, sorry I should try to contribute here more 

utopia
Senior Contributor

@-Rayne- you explained that really well. It makes more sense to me - what you are describing. I like @Kurra suggestion to touch something. You say that worked in the past. Could you make this an everyday regular activity - to help determine real from not real. It may help ground you in the here and now.
I hope you have a great night.

thanks @utopia. i hear things that make me worried that a bad thing is going to happen but if this isn't real then it doesn't matter does it? maybe even if i don't know if it's real or not that means that it doesn't matter. i dont know. yes you're right. i should not give up trying to work it out just in case.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance