Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

Hi @Former-Member @CheerBear 🤗💕 .... have caught you in real time .....

I hope the gallery visit for you and Visual is sorted soon @Faith-and-Hope It makes it harder when it is a group thing and you have to rely on others to get it organised but fingers crossed it all works out quickly and easily for you both 🤞

I am struggling with doing things (work and DBT) 5 days a week. I have said I will do the next module of DBT and the facilitator thinks that is a good idea seeing as I have been a bit flat lately. The only problem with that is that I don't have that day to rest for the next couple of days at work. I could barely keep my eyes open yesterday morning and was yawning all day - so it is not surprising I slept so much. I really am looking forward to the Easter break to catch up a bit on rest and recharge a little.

It is great that you finished a photoshop task - you are learning new skills and being so persistent with it all - that really is wonderful to see and such an inspiration to so many of us here. It is not great that you were woken again by Mr. but good that you fell back asleep. He really has no idea how much his daily habits affect others in the household - it is not ideal for any of you - you need your sleep Hon Smiley Frustrated

I am certainly going to spend a lot of time today snuggling with Toby. Cat is outside still - she does love sitting in the garden. Yesterday I found her asleep in a large pot - it muct have been warm for her. I didn't have time to get a photo but it would have been super cute. She is such a lovely cat - out of all our family's pets she is probably the easiest and most loveable little thing - she is hassle free, no health issues and just wants cuddles now and then - such a little sweetheart ...you would love her Hon Heart

Hello @Former-Member , @Zoe7 , @Faith-and-Hope , @Snowie , @BryanaCamp 

we are home now xx

got invited out tonight , but no going

the BBQ was nice last night , we were included in my aunty`s closest family last night ,

and the service this morning was nice too

caught up with lots of family at the wake , nearly everyone wanted to know how I was going and how my mum was

very tired now xx

@Shaz51 How did the funeral go for you my sister? Very much thinking about you today Heart

the funeral service was very nice @Zoe7 , my sister

my cousin did a powerpoint , which I was included in , cried when saw the photo of me and my uncle walking down the aisle

Oh @Shaz51 that is a beautiful recognition of how close you and your uncle were. It might just be a small photo to many but for you it would be so much more. So lovely of your cousing to include that photo - it is a reflection also of how much your uncle loved you too Hon Heart

It is nice that people were asking how you were and asking after your mum too my sister - shows that people care and you are being thought of - just as we are here too Heart

thanks my sister @Zoe7 , it really touched be soo much too that I got teary again just now

like last night , my cousin was having the BBQ just for her own family and we were invited too

It is very touching to hear you have been included @Shaz51 says a lot about you as a person and also the special place you had in your uncle's life - they are definitely things to hold onto in this sad time. It does not surprise me at all that you where asked to join your cousin and the family - you are a real treasure and always doing things for others and that care you have for others has been returned to you being included in such lovely ways Heart

My usual 'after work update' coming up @Faith-and-Hope @Shaz51 @Former-Member @Snowie @BryanaCamp @MDT @TAB @CheerBear @Teej @Sans911 @Adge @eth @BlueBay @Former-Member @frog  @greenpea and all following along...

Today was a much better day than any that I have had over the past couple of weeks. I felt much more awake and 'with it' this morning and even got to work a little early. The day started a little differently for me as when I got there I found out I was having the 1/2 class for the morning. It wasn't a big deal as the work had been planned for them already for the morning so I just had to follow the plen the teacher had already worked out. The kids were a little noisy and needed constant reminders but on the whole it was okay.

I then had the rest of the day with the 4/5 class and that time seemed to go very quickly today - which was a good thing. I worked in my breaks to get some assessments done before tomorrow and finished those after work. 

I asked to go to a 2 day Professional Development workshop next week and they said yes so I am off to that to begin the week next week. I am actually looking forward to it because it is something I am interested in. I will update you all further next week after the 2 days as I really do not know what to expect. I am sure I will be given more details before I go though.

Feeling much more alive on the whole today. I think taking my night meds earlier is helping with the morning tiredness (and a weekend of sleeping a lot). I will see how that goes over the next couple of days and talk to my pdoc on Wednesday about it.

I hope everyone has had a little light in their day and that the evening is quiet and restful Heart

Really happy to hear you had a better day today @Zoe7 😊 Workshop sounds fun too.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance