Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Am Not Coping

Just had a shower 

thanks for understanding 

@Zoe7 @Former-Member 

I think what mostly makes me feel a failure is, I’m so moody with d. She asked, how can I help you?

Im supposed to support her and some days I’m a disaster. 

One day without a thought about a problem would suit me. 

Anyway. Change the subject. 

I had a chocolate bunny with coffee this morning. Not supposed to have sugar, but I’ll just have to take something for sleep again tonight. A bit extra. 

Did you both indulge in some chocolate?

ive been home for days. Tried going out for lunch with d the other day. But I was so upset about a small argument we had. The day was ruined. It’s just not me at all. I am usually a sensitive person, but, gosh, I’m really overboard lately. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

I have a chocolate Lindt bunny with a little bell around it’s neck. 

Will be hard to eat, because it’s so cute, lol. 

Morning coffee ️ tomorrow. 

Silly simple things to enjoy 

@Zoe7 @Former-Member 

It is draining dealing with what you are day in and day out @Former-Member and you are living so closely with your D that you are bound to have little disagreements. I hear you about how sensitive you are at the moment too and that makes it super hard. It is also hard that your D wants to support you but having just a little help from family can make a difference. Maybe your D wants to help you because she can see how much you are hurting and that is not a bad thing - she cares and wants to help.

A little chocolate here at lunch but none since. I'll leave my chocolate bunnies and eggs to have over the next couple of days. I may not be able to stop once I start if I don't ration them out over the coming days Smiley Tongue

It is those simple things that we need to enjoy @Former-Member I have a little bag of those super cute bunnies but in miniature - I don't find them at all hard to eat lol

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yes @Former-Member  I did indulge in some choc easter egg today. Hubby loves rocky road, and I found in the supermarket, a Darrell Lee Hot Cross bun flavoured Rocklee Road Choc easter egg. So its a large half choc egg with the rocky road stuff dropped in the middle. Its very yummy.

❤️🌹 @Former-Member ......

So glad to see you here ...... you need support to be able to be there for your beautiful D with all that she is going through, but it is natural for her to be worried about you too.  It is a very heavy burden you are both bearing.  You need all the strength and support you can get, and I am so sorry you are not feeling that from the hospital staff.  I know something of what it is like to not be listened to when you are the mother ..... and it’s awful.

Hugs and hugs Hon.  We will walk along with you any time you feel up to being here ..... and I pray for your D every time I think of her, which is often.

83294F87-61D4-41DB-8A1F-889A7923722A.jpeg

Our Easter is next weekend, so I am still fasting from chocolate ..... 🤨

@Former-Member @Zoe7 @Former-Member 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Good evening @Tufftimes .

I just spotted you on a support button on the dog thread.

How are you getting along since we last heard from you? 

Have you had a good long weekend, so far?

@Former-Member You have two wonderful ladies here in @Faith-and-Hope and @Former-Member that are super supportive and caring so I know I am leaving you in great hands.

I need to head to bed Hon - super tired and can barely keep my eyes open. I will check in with you tomorrow though and in the meantime know I am sending you huge hugs and so much love ...and a little more chocolate just to add to your existing stash. 

Goodnight all - hope you can all get some sleep tonight Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Good night @Zoe7  Sleep well.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance