Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

@NatureLover  I'm glad I made you laugh. 

I always keep cans of beans and tomatoes in the pantry but I always have dried lentils too.  I love vegetarian bolognese!  

You can always fake a can of lentils.. I think a can is a heaped cup once it's drained. 

@Escaped_Goat  a heaped cup of cooked drained or not-cooked drained? 

I'm cross with myself today. There's so much that needs to be done at home in the house and I don't feel up to doing any of it. And I realised this morning that I've been forgetting to throw out my one item per day. 

Have you tackled the steep hill today? 

@NatureLover  Cooked drained.

Dont be cross with yourself. Start again from today with your one item a day.  Or tomorrow if today is feeling like a self care day?  Maybe you need some sun and something comforting to eat and a plan of attack for tomorrow?

No hill today... short walk and changing the sheets on the bed. 

Thanks for your encouragement @Escaped_Goat . ❤ Today seems to be turning into a 'whatever I can cope with' day. I hope to at least do a laundry wash this afternoon. Yes, I need some sun and not much pressure today. So I think another walk in the sun (taking my book) is in order.

Sometimes I can take my crossness at myself /the situation and channel it into hard work on the house - does that ever happen to you? But it doesn't seem to be working today. 

Wrestling with sheets on the bed is always energetic...I've never felt cold when changing the sheets. 

Do you have some toucan stew remaining from yesterday, so you don't have to cook today?

@NatureLover  I do have toucan stew left for today.  

Changing the sheets takes a lot out of me but it's nice to go to bed on clean sheet day. 😂 The reward is worth the effort!  

I agree, clean sheets are great @Escaped_Goat .

Nice you don't have to cook today. No washing up either? I don't wash up every day and often I re-use plates etc. by rinsing them under hot water so as not to get out a fresh plate. I actually like the idea of only using one plate, one bowl, one set of cutlery etc, and try to do this as much as possible.

@NatureLover  I emptied the dishwasher but I won't be filling it up probably until tomorrow night or Wednesday morning. It's a small bench top type but I have it underneath the bench. My hands get too painful for hand washing dishes.  I've tried to make everything as fibromyalgia friendly as I can here for myself.  

I'm wishing I'd made bread to go with the stew today... maybe I'll make some flatbread.  

Flatbread's a good idea. I've never made it but I always enjoy eating it!

I'm sorry to hear your hands ard too painful to do the washing up. 😞 Well done on making everything in your home fibromyalgia friendly. I did a similar thing here too. I have one whole tall shelving unit full of towels and wiping cloths, easy to grab, not hidden away in drawers which I would then have to open with 'dirty' hands, causing me stress. 

I went for another walk in the sun. Not much sun left in the day now. Down to 2 tonight. Hope you and Poppy can keep warm. @Escaped_Goat 

@NatureLover  how are you this morning?  I'm okay.. cold though!  The weather fibbed.. they said 6° overnight and it was 3° at 8:30 this morning still.  🥶 

I am eating Vegemite on the last of my crumpet toast. Actually glad to see the end of that loaf.. it offered more promise than it delivered!  

Not sure yet what I'm doing today.  BINGO squares of course but other than that I haven't planned a thing.  😂 

Hi @Escaped_Goat ! Our weather fibbed too, it was minus 1 at 7am this morning. I actually got up at 5.45am and am feeling more determined today thankfully, after the debacle that was yesterday when I achieved nothing on the house at all. 🙂

Thanks for the tip, I won't buy the crumpet toast. Oh, and the jar of Promite I opened very recently is nearly empty lol.

I'm on a walk as I type this - it's cold but sunny. I need to look at the Bingo squares and see what I can do today...I saw your post on that thread but the picture of Poppy hadn't come through yet. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance