Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Fragile

The system is sick.  Honestly, pressured speech, rapid fire questions, and impatience in dealing with me being calm woman on the phone who is trying to be clear and not inflame a delicate crisis situation.  The triage nurse needs training in bedside manner.  She asks the wrong questions, and accused me of talking in riddles.  

When someone has played by the rules for as long as me.  

I am so tired.

@Appleblossom 

spiralstep.jpg

AppleblossomAppleblossom

cat cuddles.jpg

I thanked her and hung up.  She phoned back after she got the file, things were easier to speak  then and she apologised.

Totally worn out.  

Thanks for noticing @Shaz51 

Heart

Some self care time now my @Appleblossom ❤❤

Not really possible but thanks @Shaz51 

@Appleblossom 

I knew that something was troubling you..

Such hard times again and again..

I am losing it at the moment with different medical staff not listening to me..arguing with me in front of other patients.. no respect..

I have more appointments will just keep on breathe in breathe out ..

perhaps if we just say to them excuse me while I do my breathing for self care and survival 

There are no words that are helpful..

The love in you heart and the love in his. ..he told you the other day.. remember..

the love will hold you as one..

Here and with you there in spirit..

Do you have any mantras? Might that help?

Write back if you can when you want to..

I I will try to write to you tomorrow Bella 💕💜🙏

Here with you @Appleblossom 

I see you and you matter very much to me 💕

@Sophia1 @Anastasia 

First day ED.  You probably know the drill. Waiting for a bed.

I only called CAT because I was afraid of the heightened mood on the streets and possible serious police violence to my son.  The good thing was that the local police boss drove us in to ED rather than a more violent approach.  As he drove me home he said he did believe "communication is key".  Spoken to son twice this morning and will do the clothes and stuff delivery later.  Stripping his bed and getting organised.

Sophia. Sorry you had it too re argumentative medicos..

I am not sure what is happening with the huge expansion of the medical industry.  It no longer feels like a profession, more like a money spinner with a little medicine or 'health' on the side.  I had an argumentative triage nurse, and I had to manage her pressured rapid speech. Whose behaviour is in question?  Yes.  Weary sigh. I know they are busy.  Join the club.  I had to make an ironic comment, that if they had any experience in managing people in psychosis, they would know that you have to be careful answering questions with a distressed agitated person in the room.  She only knew her own 'need' to get information out of the caller as fast as possible.  

Weird coincidence at afternoon tea on Sunday I was offered a casual job teaching English to international medical professionals.  Hmmm. I dont really need the money, but the distraction may be helpful, and I will also try and educate them not to be too presumptuous about Australians and local conditions.

Limited narrow expertise without understanding context can be a recipe for disaster.  

good morning @Appleblossom  and beautiful family member.....

Thinking of you both wherever you are..

Love and virtual support for you both..

Respecting you both so very much..

giving you space and privacy ..

Here is a beautiful sculptures of mother child by Henry Moore from Castleford, West Yorkshire.

My dad was born in Yorkshire..

love Sophia 💜henry moore.jpg

You are too quick for me @Appleblossom  apologies had to edit naturally (less haste more speed)

my reply is somewhere...

Agree totally  re handling of someone in psychosis or extremely vulnerable via mind health state..

aggression feeds..

why can't they already provide full on training .....required on an ongoing basis on how to respond...more importantly how not to respond...

They lose sight of the fact that those in psychosis or extreme distress are usually  terrified...sometimes incoherent..

English teaching medical professionals...

You will be brilliant..

You know all of these lessons

I thought that they might be helpful for others to read

Lesson no 1...

Learn how to listen..

Observe..

Reassure that they are safe...they are not in trouble....

Lesson 2

Never...never argue with patient or family/friend...

Listen calmly

Do not advise...

Listen calmly and reassure...

Show compassion on your face...

Watch your body language and facial expressions...

Lesson 3 

This should be included in lesson 1 lesson 2 lesson 3

Act humanely...you are providing care for a human being in pain...

No judgement...you do not know their story or need to at this crucial moment..

Lesson 4

Revise lessons 1-4 daily..

You did so well for your boy..

Hope that they do not let him out too soon.

Thinking of you both

Time for you now to find you again and breathe...gentle does it as you often tell us

love to you Bella and your beautiful boy..

💜

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance