Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Grief & loss - may be triggering

@Former-Member No not paid for full-time, only work a maximum of 30 to 33 hrs.

Yet with all the driving long distances, & between several short shifts (in one day) - it almost amounts to full-time hrs on part-time pay.

With no lunch break ever allocated (any day).

I guess therapy (seeing a psychologist) is a hobby - along with personal growth.

Although a very expensive hobby $10,000 per year?

Adge

Oh dear @Adge, your job is difficult. They need to pay you for travel time and give you lunch - noifsorbutts! Do you at least get werkends off? Think maybe working is a form of slavery, not freedom, but better not go there lol Sleep well tonight, stay warm 😉 🌷🌿

Thanks @Former-Member
Yes no lunch breaks are allowed (allocated) in much of the disability sector (&aged care).

It's the constantly changing schedule & not knowing who I'm working with or where I'm going in advance - that is the main cause of stress.

Along with many competing demands.

The plan (need) is to find (get) a new job with fixed working hours & one set place of employment (base) that's much closer to home.

Unfortunately the instability of this current job is making scheduling (attending) appointments & job search extremely difficult.

I've been virtually stalled for months.

I slept better last night thanks - although I had to take something to help me sleep.

Adge

IMG_20170109_222258.png

Feel for you @Adge, I did a few hours helpingva client clean out her shed 😞 so scared in those places re spiders snaked Rusty nails dust... Just resting back before going to A/T with friend. Glad you slept well - take care, just keep swimming (no matter how slow). 🌷🌿

@Former-MemberJust keep swimming, just keep swimming - that's Dory from Finding Nemo!

Yes rusty nails are not good, I've come to grief on those a few times. I can appreciate your concerns - I'm not keen on cleaning out dusty sheds either.

As for spiders, it's those sneaky Redbacks that I've almost put my hand on (without knowing) a few times....

All the other spiders here are not poisonous, although they maybe could give me a bit of a bite (I've never given them the chance).

I found a little momento of Dad today - it was his name printed on a piece of paper in the pocket of a shirt that I have (that must have been his at some stage).

I don't know how long it's been there, & I hadn't noticed - I had not taken the shirt out of the wardrobe before.

Adge

Wow @Adge, special moment with the shirt today. Some might say its your dads spirit reaching out, to let you know you are not alone - that he loves you and walking with you - for strength. I believe the miracle of such is in the timing. Why do you think you found it now? No big deal - Just a thought 🙂

I have been bitten on the finger by a young redback -, ouchy it was painful for a week. I'm very careful where I put my fingers since. Sould wear gloves and good shoes at leadt. Did find nest of daddylonglegs today, dozens of little babies all round mamma, not seen that before.

Found some fertaliser sitting in an aluminium dish, the granusls had bursed open and expanded and dissolved the aluminium dish, yet didnt affect the plastic wheelburrow it was sitting in at all. Some chemical reaction I guess, weird!

I got to get up early so won't stay on long tonight. Glad you slept better last night - it can make all the difference for coping. 🌿

@Former-Member Maybe I found Dad's printed name tag thingy because I "tried something different? eg pulled that shirt out of the wardrobe.

Yes the timing is strange, maybe important. I like your idea of him reaching out to me - that'sa lovely thought.

The name tag has left me with some questions - because it is titled Bro (abbreviation for Brother), not Mister.

Gee I've not seen baby daddy long-legs around their Mummy before. Only adult or mid-sized ones.

Oh a red back bit you - that's not nice. I heard that they really hurt. I've almost put my hand on big ones quite a few times.

An unknown chemical reaction, that sounds exciting (or sometimes worrying).

That reminds me mixing bleach when I was a kid - I wondered what would happen. I accidentally produced chlorine gas (not so good).

I had a really bad night's sleep last night - so today was a struggle. I hope yours was good.

Adge

It's WA Day here on Monday - yay! A public holiday...

Thanks @Adge, good to see ya. I'm struggling tonight.
You might want to have a read of the last few pages on the thread

https://saneforums.org/t5/Our-experience-stories/Difficulty-telling-people-how-I-really-feel/m-p/245...

a couple of us talking about losing our parents.

You enjoy your longvweekend. Planning anything special?

Sleep well tonight 🙏Namaste
Laps🌿

Namaste to you too @Former-Member

I only know that term (word) because I've been doing yoga classes for 5 years.

I hope it's less of a struggle for you soon.

Nothing social for me this weekend - it's like several people said in that thread you gave me the link to.

I've always had to chase people up to get in contact - have always been the one to make the phone call. Now I've had virtually no contacts for several years to even phone.

I'vebeen shifting things around in my living room. Got rid of broken, unusable furniture (I never wanted) that I was still feeling obliged to try to use.

I bought my first ever new comfy chairs last weekend & spent over 5 hours putting them together. They came in pieces - I wasn'texpecting that.

Clearing out long overdue clutter & making some space...

Adge
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance