Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

JSuid94
New Contributor

Hello There!!

Hey everyone, my name is Jason. In 2014 I was diagnosed with Bipolar Type 1 Disorder after a manic episode. Since then I have had two hypomanic episodes in Feb and Mar this year which landed me in hospital. Currently on a two year program of recovery and after that, I'll be looking at gaining employment hopefully in the customer service or retail field. Can anyone help me out?? Cheers

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Hello There!!

Hey there Jason and welcome to the forum!

I have schizoaffective disorder which is like a combination of bipolar and schizophrenia. I just want to congratulate you on your recovery program and looking forward to your future. Sometimes that is difficult to do.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @JSuid94

Welcome ot the forums! very happy you have joined the forums and introduced yourself! 

Sounds like you have started your recovery with a clear goal in mind, which is great! I hope you find the forums helpful and supportive as you continue to recover!

Take care, and I hope to see you around the forums!

Hi @JSuid94,

Welcome! I am sure you will gain some great support from our wonderful members as you can already see.

There is also a good chat around bipolar happening here  - @Former-Member@A2Z and @Mazarita shared some relatable thoughts.

In relation to your upcoming job seeking I thought I would also share our special events area as we have a career chat event coming up around building resilience when job seeking that could be useful along with previous Topic Tuesday and Q&A that you can browse through!

Welcome again Smiley Happy

Lauz

Hi @JSuid94,

A warm welcome to the forums Smiley Very Happy

I hope you find it a place where you can share your experiences and get support from others.

It sounds like you have a good recovery program in place and a goal in mind which is great to hear. When you are asking if anyone can help you out, what sort of help do you feel you are looking for?

Talk to you soon

Just help as in (mainly) if there's any job seeking workshops or similar going around :):D.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance