Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

vivlad
New Contributor

Initial stages

Hi Everyone, 

I'd like to be able to help my Partner as he ticks many of the boxes for having a personality disorder. He told me a few months ago that he knows the way he thinks is not right sometimes, but has not done anything about it to date.  Presently, he has run away from our relationship yet again, and I'm just not sure whether to communicate with him now, as his communication is very resentful and accusing. In the 18 months that we've been together, he has done this approximately every two months, but his flare ups and walk outs are more frequent now, even monthly.  I've always been the one to initiate commmunication and make the peace in the past, but i've resisted now, for almost 2 weeks.  Am I doing the right thing this time??

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Initial stages

Hello @vivlad and welcome to the forum my friend x'

you are not alone my friend , you can start a new tread sharing your story which others can respond xx

Hi @vivlad, a very warm welcome to you. It's good that your partner has an awareness that not all is right and has shared that with you although I think you probably knew that with him doing a runner so regularly. 

It seems like he is really struggling to be in a relationship and his behaviour is confusing and upsetting you. Perhaps he needs a bit of space and time. As he is acting somewhat hostile, please be very careful how you respond. You can show concern but you do not have to be the brunt of verbal abuse.

How are you feeling about not reaching out this time? It would be natural for you to worry but also understandable if you were appreciating the break from drama. You might want to create a new thread should you want to continue your story. There are a lot of wonderful people here to chat with.

Hi @vivlad

Just letting you know I have moved your discussion to a new thread here so you can get more specific responses from the community 🙂

Nik

Hello @vivlad and welcome to the forums 🙂

It's great to see you posting on here and searching for what meaning you can make of the scenario. Your partner sounds very overwhelmed and I imagine you might experience such feelings too.

It's great to hear that you have been able to have conversations around what is happening for him and that he's open to the possiblilites of something not quite being right. 

It sounds very important to you to want to know weather you are doing the right thing, I'm hoping talking to us here on the forums or calling the SANE Help Centre if needed might be a way of coming to your own answers around this. Important for it to be right for you.

Where are you at with htings at the moment? 

pebbles Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance