Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Is it okay to cry in front of a Psychiatrist or other therapist?

Dreams about those that care for us and are important to us - even in a caring role - are common @Former-Member  We form attachments to those that care and that can often become part of our dreams. From what you describe it seems you have formed that attachment to your psych and rely on him a lot. That is okay as he is helping you but it is also important to recognise the client-patient boundaries exist for both sides to do what needs to be done. Whether you bring this up with him needs to be thought about in terms of what you expect to receive in return. Do you want to feel you are important to him also? I suppose what I am getting at here is that when it comes down to it your psych is doing his job and anything more than that patient-client relationship is unethical ...so if you do disclose the dreams to him then be prepared for not getting the response you may hope for. Do not let that deter you from talking about it with him though as from what you have already told me today he is very professional at his job and could work through why you are having these dreams in a kind and professional way.

Haha @greenpea, I want to tell him but I'm too scared! It makes me blush though.

I've never met him in person by the way, I see him on Skype (Telehealth) through this company and I use an app on my iPad, you can use a laptop too but I find my iPad easier.

He's in Sydney and I'm in Victoria so a 6 hour drive. I'm not sure if he sees patients in person although I'd like to meet him one day.

I guess he's attractive for his age, I'd say he's in his 40s or 50s, I don't know?

@Former-Member Hehe! mine was in his 40-50s and lives in Sydney lolz. Funny if it was the same guy :D. Much more my age group but is married with kids so cross him off the list lol.

Hi @Former-Member 

It is totally fine to cry in front of any of our supports. I have heeps of times and it is totally normal especially when you are trying to get your thoughts out after bottling them up.

Take care

Snowie

Mine lives in Sydney too, oh my god lol!

Did his name begin with A? Mine does, lmao ironic huh?

I don't think mine is married and has kids though, doesn't have a wedding ring on

Hello and hugs @Former-Member 

Wondering what is your age xx

I am 55 

Hi @Shaz51 . Thanks for the hugs, hugs back to you.

I'm 20, I'll be 21 in November

What day in November so we can say a happy birthday to you xx 

@outlander and @Eden1919  are around your age too @Former-Member 

Thank you @Shaz51 xx

November 2 is my birthday. Hi to those mentioned

@Former-Member  Hi and hi @Shaz51 , personally I don’t usually cry in front of supports but that isn’t because I think I shouldn’t I just don’t. Do whatever you feel like they shouldn’t judge you. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance