Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Loneliness

im so happy you are reaching out @PeppyPatti i hope in time your sons find a way to be part of your life again. you are such an amazing person. hugs

What a beautiful picture ,  and words.   @PeppyPatti   Bet your eyes rest on that sail boat.

and you just  . . .  go places..   

Thanks for sharing.                        tns..

Re: Living with Loneliness

Had a little re read  @Doldip15  Couple of your posts.   Was wondering if your alright,  well . . .

silly question.   Your fog filled my valley the other day.   Mate,   Simple farmers question.

I know you have a garden.  Do you have a puppy to run around it. ?

Us orphanage kids,  we gotta stick together.  I hope you have visitors.  I have spare rooms so 

I have housemate's  We are the ones   'John West'  rejected   Couple of posts back someone wrote 

a lengthy post about acceptance.   I used to love my   'space'   but with so many homeless folks, I got to thinking about opening up a few bedrooms.       And they came . . .

Couple of woman fleeing domestic violence,  some one transitioning.  Even a Ukrainian on a short

stay..   I swapped my perfect  space and  peace,  for chaos,  culture, 3 different languages,   Good

and bad habits and a lot of imperfections.    It take a bit of sacrifice, a lot of acceptance  and I'm slowly now learning,  just how selfish I have been  for my own wants and needs .

Now this of course is fine for me,  and I know not everyone has the means or mind to do this.

Just pointing out though,  that to gain something . . .   sometimes we just have to . . . let it all go.

Jump in the deep end and try something . .  anything . .  to effect a change.

One is leaving next week and a foreign student arrives.      This old house is now a lot of things, but

never lonely.      If I start talking Korean next week,   you'll understand..

I hope in the land of the homeless and lonely,  this plants a seed.                       tonys..

@cloudcore  @Oaktree   @SmilingGecko  @PeppyPatti   @PinkFlamingo   @Shaz51  @ENKELI 

and all the other wild pinto's that sip from this lonely desert brook.                    tonys..

Please be Extra kind to yourself @Doldip15  .  Your a soft person that matters to me.

Happy birthday @StuF. Sorry for late wishes.. 

Thank you kindly @PeppyPatti xx

I have my good days when I can access lots of info, and other days when my brain is a vault that wont open...

How are you going today? I hope youre ok and easter weekend is going well.

I'll be finally catching up with the sleep thread this afternoon 🙂

Hey there @PeppyPatti 

My apologies for the delay 🙂

How is it going writing to your son, if it's ok to ask? (please feel free to reply as you feel is comfortable for you xx)

Breaking generational wounds is not easy.. I havent found a decent resource that covers it adequately for my needs as yet, so I have nothing I can pass on to you at this stage. 

In my family history we have wars and military service/removal of kids to other areas of the country and onto the continent (from the island of England) that has broken up the family, as well as cult like religions that are so strict that if you move out of them, you aren't allowed to see anyone for the remainder. The lost generations of kids from both WW's means I have relatives (aunts, uncles, etc) in both England and on the continent.. I tried to find them when I was overseas, but I just couldn't back then.. it was like trying to catch individual grains of sand in a sandstorm (many years before the internet and records archived online), and the intention was to actually mask a persons identity back then, so, often the documents were not quite reflective of who a person/child actually was anyway. 

I digress ..  😉

I hope you can make some headway with your goals, and I wish you all the best of luck in the hope of reconnecting... in the mean time, take it easy, and remember to pace yourself well while you delve into the intricacies of rebuilding relationships  xx 🙂

Thanks @Tilz 

I left it as a bit of a mystery re actual date 🙂

@StuF Wow... published poet and words rolling on New York train tracks!  Wow again!

@cloudcore @PinkFlamingo @Tilz 

@tonys See ya when ya done all that work your sposed to do.

@Glisten @greenpea @Shaz51Hello Beautiful Ladies

@PeppyPatti Hmmm Social leveraging by uncle or aunt and one's child does not speak to us.  Sad familiar story Bella  Seems so 

@Doldip15 Hi 5. Fellow orphanage person here.  Tuff gig.

@Lila3 @GentleRobot @saturnzoon 

Sorry all on this thread.  I have been missing in action. Longest I think off the forum since I joined 9 years ago.

Had a busy time and a terrible time.  My son is in hospital and there has been lack or sleep ongoing for weeks.  However I am much more connected socially than when I joined in 2015.  I have supports and obligations.  I feel like an automoton ... just doing what I do with all puff and hope gone.  It was beautiful to finally have time to log on and feel the forum family. Sorry if I forgot to tag anyone. Please dont take it personally. I am brainfried.

Thanks for being you.

Sending you lots of hugs ❤️ @Appleblossom 😊

big hugs for you @Appleblossom 🙂

sorry its been a rough patch there for you - lovely to see you back, and here for you in spirit, wishing you well xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance