Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Parzival
Senior Contributor

Pain

Hi, I’m a new member.

I have thoughts of self harm and suicide mostly everyday. I am unmedicated and have no friends or social life other than going to work. My relationship ended in December and my skin is as dull as the emptiness I feel inside inside.

Feeling hopeless.

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Pain

Hi @Parzival I am really sorry to hear you have been struggling with hopelessness and suicidal/self harm thoughts. You have showed a lot of courage by sharing what is going on for you and seeking help on the forums

I have sent you an email, please check it out and let us know how you are coping.

Unfortunately, the Forums aren’t a counselling or crisis service, however you can call any of the following services for immediate support: 
  
Lifeline: 13 11 14 or Crisis Chat 
Suicide call back service: 1300 659 467 or online counselling 
Samaritans: 135 247 
If in immediate danger: 000

UnrealGirl86
Casual Contributor

I am in the exact same situation. I have no friends and am still grieving a relationship. I feel like I've always been stuck in this loop. I hope you are okay.

Parzival
Senior Contributor

@UnrealGirl86 I’m sorry you feel like this too. When she left me I lost my one, and only best friend too. I don’t know how to cope with this void she’s left behind, and my eyes weigh heavy with exhaustion

Parzival
Senior Contributor

@UnrealGirl86 I’m sorry you feel like this too. I don’t know cope, I hope you’re okay too

lavenderhaze
Peer Support Worker

Hi @Parzival, welcome to the forums! 🙂

I'm truly sorry to hear you're going through such a tough time. It sounds incredibly difficult to deal with feelings of self-harm and suicidal thoughts daily. 

Firstly, it's important to recognise that seeking help is a sign of strength. If you're comfortable with it, consider reaching out to a mental health professional who can provide you with the support and guidance you need. They can offer strategies to cope with these overwhelming feelings and work with you to develop a plan for moving forward.

I know it can be hard sometimes but building a support network can be very helpful. While it may feel daunting, even connecting with one person who understands what you're going through can make a world of difference. Online forums like this one can be a great place to find support and camaraderie with others who may be experiencing similar struggles.

Another thing that really helps me in coping with my mental health struggles is self-care. Small acts of self-compassion, like taking a walk outside, journaling, or engaging in a hobby you enjoy, can help lift your spirits and provide a much-needed break from the intensity of your emotions.

Finally, please remember there is hope for a brighter future. You deserve to feel happy and fulfilled, and with the right support and resources, you can overcome these challenges. Take things one day at a time, and be gentle with yourself as you navigate this journey.

Parzival
Senior Contributor

@lavenderhaze thanks for your kind words. I have started seeking help again but haven’t had much luck in the past with it. I feel exhausted and everything is a chore, no real happiness in anything anymore.

I hear you @Parzival!

I completely understand how exhausting it can be when everything feels like a chore and happiness seems elusive.

In times like these, it can be incredibly challenging to figure out what might help. What has worked for me is reflecting on past experiences when I have felt similar feelings. It was a valuable starting point, thinking about what helped me cope in the past and what wasn't helpful.

Sometimes, it's about trial and error, finding what resonates with you personally. It's okay to take small steps forward. You've already taken a significant step by reaching out, and that in itself is a testament to your resilience. 

Hi @UnrealGirl86 @Parzival ,

I'm hearing how tough and lonely things are for you at the moment. 

@Parzival , do you think you are feeling the way you are feeling because you recently lost your friend? Or has this been ongoing?

@UnrealGirl86  do you have any supports or anyone you can talk to, whether family, friends or professionals?

I'm hearing how challenging times are for you both. I hope the forums help you realise you are not alone. Most, if not all, have been through a dark valley at one point or another. These forums allow members to share their experiences with a light on recovery.

I can certainly relate to those strong feelings of self-harm and feeling that everything is dark. Yet, I can also testify of recovery and restoration - back to an even better place than the beginning.

You are not alone.

We hope to hear back from you soon.

Parzival
Senior Contributor

@tymethe breakup was the catalyst. She was my best friend, now I am alone.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance