Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

soul
Community Elder

Songs That Resonate With You

Music is an important part of my life. It can influence your mood by calming or energising you, it can define you and give you strength. It can help you make sense of things and allow you to express your emotions. Whilst I haven't any musical ability, I enjoy listening to it.

I thought it might be of benefit for us to share some songs or even instrumental pieces that hold special significance. Post a video and say a bit about why this particular one resonates with you.

I'll start off. This one's an oldie by Cat Stevens nowadays known as Yusef Islam. For me, "Sitting" is an empowering song. It starts off by stating that "Oh I'm on my way, I know I am." Realistically it also recognises the confusion we all feel from time to time. In conclusion it offers the advice that "life is like a maze of doors" and that we have to make the correct decision about whether we push or pull to make any progress. 

https://youtu.be/djpnsqdNabM

56 REPLIES 56

Re: Songs That Resonate With You

LOVE this thread @soul Heart !

Music speaks to me in so many ways emotionally, I honestly don't know how I could get through the days without music. Neil Young ALWAYS helps me to feel calm and positive, one of my favourite songs is this one - also I love Yusef Islam, he is touring later this year I would love to go @soul !!

@Lunar - thanks for the heads up about the Cat Stevens tour. I must get tickets. Nice to have something to look forward to.

@soul I love music! I find it helps me get through troubled times. When things get rough, it somehow feels a bit better when there is music. 

This is what I'm listening to at the moment. 

What about others @Faith-and-Hope @Shaz51 @NikNik @Former-Member @Former-Member @Determined @Former-Member what music resonates with you?

thanks for the tag @CherryBomb

Music is great!!! im constantly listening to music. i like quite a fair few types of music but i havent really experineced the 'calming music' as such.  i can think of a few songs atm that have quite a good meaning. these are both by Katy Perry- one is Rise- i think this one as is saying no matter how much you fall you can rise again. the other is also by katy Perry and its called Chained to the Rhythm. its a great song with a great meaning to it as well

I'm a big Mark Knopfler fan from his days in Dire Straits and throughout all his solo albums. Here he teams up with Van Morrison. Video isn't much but I love the melody and their voices compliment each other beautifully. 

He's great story teller. Enjoy "The Last Laugh"

https://youtu.be/r7ctt_uhAPs

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Cherrybom, @Lil-catetpilla, I love music too, play couple of instruments but there's certain types that resonate with me. Just now to break the silence I put on The Corrs - they have a kinda Irish feel.

The first single song that came to mind to share here (because I use it with my 'self compassion' meditations) is SONGBIRD performed by Fleetwood Mac. I shall post the lyrics shortly...
Former-Member
Not applicable

SONGBIRD
🐦 by Eva Cassidy,🎶

For you, there'll be no more crying.
For you, the sun will be shining.
And I feel that when I'm with you,
It's alright, I know it's right.

To you, I'll give the world.
To you, I'll never be cold.
'Cause I feel that when I'm with you,
It's alright, I know it's right.

And the songbirds are singing,
like they know the score.
And I love you, I love you, I love you,
like never before.

And I wish you all the love, in the world.
But most of all, I wish it from myself

And the songbirds are singing,
like they know the score.
And I love you, I love you, I love you,
like never before...
Former-Member
Not applicable

Beautiful @Former-Member

@Former-Member

Have posted a link. 

Love that song too.

https://youtu.be/eLRyYETnoIE

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance