Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: The Fear of Dying Alone

@Ali11 

The lack of relationships in my life. And the lack of information of my perspective on relationships such as never having been in one and there is no advice for me out there. 

@Ali11 

Now I have the stupid radio station showing just how out of touch they are with the world. My god it does my head in. 

Yeah, the radio world is really a bubble isn't it @TheRenegade345? It must be frustrating as an artist to hear some of the stuff on the radio now. Do you have any plans for the weekend? 

Hello @TheRenegade345 

I hope you are doing alright.

I have read a fair bit of this thread and am shocked that you got so few responses.  To me you seem like an interesting intelligent thoughtful guy.  (I am old enough to your mother, but still interested in young people....in general.)

I think it has more to do with the way the computer algorythms work than the actual intent of the members of the forum.  Mods any chance getting tekkies in to look at the real STRUCTURE of the forum, rather than neat little addons or details.

The tagging feature can ... be helpful and allow choice ... in that you choose you to contact ... but it also seems to clog up the airwaves ... or discussion boxes.... or latest 

@TheRenegade345  I had no idea you had posted all this here. I totally agree you had a reason to be disappointed in Headspace, not fair or professional IMO to leave it so long to inform you were not in their program.  Mind you that werent great with my son either. My son likes Aurelius too and went through a Jordan Peterson phase ... even if someone is not perfect, it can still be helpful to check them out and talk about the issues.

I have no idea why you are struggling to get a girlfriend.  I find it hard being on the other side of the male female thing. 

I have met @TheVorticon  and @Hope4me before.  Years ago when I first joined the forum I would go through and diligently check every post and made sure they wree answered. In the end I simply could not keep doing that.  

I dont feel the need to defend the forum or the mods or the community.  Its important to me to keep my independence. I am just a renegade old mum .. who loves it when her son started guitar playing Daytripper ... funky riff that one.

Take Care

Hi, @TheRenegade345  I've been reading your post for some months now, on and off. Sorry I dont have the answer. I feel life is so full of unanswereds and its frustrating. I can only share my thoughts as I anguish for my daugther, she is 22 and so beautiful physically and emotionally, but she has social deficits, that leave her with no friendships or relationships. I think she may be asexual, just not interested in partnering or even having a relationship of the companion or romantic kind. Her vibe and body language gives her a radius that people steer clear of. But she is the most loving gentle and sweetest person I know. She is so confused with the social aspects of connecting with people. I do hope you find peace and solutions in your endeavours. I'm sorry I dont have the answers, wish I did.

@Dark_Olena @Appleblossom @Ali11 @Hope4me 

Sorry I've been away for so long. There have been things that have been difficult.

I was just in a five month relationship that has just ended. I got cheated on. I also have intimacy problems that make me feel like a little boy. I'm no man. I'm pathetic. 

Hello @TheRenegade345 

Good that you had some experiences, not good they turned sour.  Intimacy touches on the most vulnerable part of us.  That is the nature of it, so do not be too hard on yourself, as you lick your wounds and recover. Personally, I was very open due to aspects of my chidhood, but now older and wiser I am very wary about starting relationships.  A part of me would love to be loved, but other parts, doubts there is the right person. I still try and stay socially active and connected though, as being too isolated is not good for my head.

Take Care

@Appleblossom 

Sometimes I wish I could tell the future just so I know that I won't die alone. I want to be loved

Hey it has been a while. I was wondering if there is anyone here i can talk to? Nothing in my life has changed on this front unfortunately 

I seriously wish i was dead

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance