Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Trust broken

I've had a really shit day. I've found out someone broken my trust which has impacted on my work again.
I don't bring anything to work, I keep myself 'happy' so that no-one knows. But people do know and I've had to prove myself, get medical certificates.
I'm gutted.
Why do people break your trust?
You can't trust anyone. I don't know why I'm even bothering to try and get help, you just get screwed over.
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Trust broken

@Former-Member. I'm sorry to hear that someone has broken your trust. I'm guessing you're feeling pretty angry about this.
Trust I s one of my core values & I've been devastated when my trust has bedn abused.
Do you want to talk about what exactly happened? Ir maybe just about how you are feeling?
Former-Member
Not applicable

hi @Former-Member

that sounds terrible 😞 It's awful when you have to prove yourself AND are judged in the process...

here listening,

lj

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @Former-Member

Hope you are able to do something nice for yourself this weekend to distract and recover a bit from the stress at work this week.

Betrayal of trust can send us reeling, make us feel angry and negative about people. 

I believe it is important to seek help when you feel low and shaky, but the trick is finding the right help for you. Can take a few tries.

Some of the good things about this forum is that it's anonymous and full of people who are living with MI. Everyone's view and experience is valued and not judged, within the safety of the forum guidelines. If you haven't had a chance to read them yet, you can do that here

Have a look around the forum as many others have written about their struggles with trusting people, here and here 

Look forward to seeing your posts,

Frog

Former-Member
Not applicable

@utopia
Sorry for the late reply.
I don't really feel like taking or going into it, I'm just really low and having really instrusive thoughts right now 😞

Sorry to hear that @Former-Member. You do whatever you need to do to get through this moment. Just try to remember, that this moment is temporary.
Sending you my best.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Apart from lifeline, does anywhere offer online crisis chat?

Hi @Former-Member. I'll check with the moderators - they should know. @suzanne @Former-Member. - can either of you help with this question?
In the meantime - do you want to keep talking here?
Former-Member
Not applicable

Not really feeling like talking in a public place at the moment, sorry.

I collected my parents in law from Sydney International Airport on Tuesday morning - to help my wife. In doing so, I arrived three hours late to work. This is not an issue, however, as I have some workplace flexibility to make up this time, which I already now have.

My issues of trust are following:

When I arrived at the airport, my father in law greeted me in a condescending manner & tone: "You are at the wrong arrivals hall. Our arrivals hall is about 50metres away." He then marched me up to meet my mother in law, who was waiting no longer than five minutes in the adjacent arrivals hall. After exchanging greetings, I then took a trolley of their luggage, wheeled it past the exact spot I was waiting at earlier, and then proceeded to wheel it to the car park.

My father in law then became exasperated when I stopped. I told my mother in law to wait for me a moment as I paid for the parking. Seeking an answer for my delay, my father in law asked, shaking his hands, shoulders & eyes, what I was doing. I told him. "Oh", in response. With no offer of payment from him, I proceeded to pay the charge.

Having paid, my mother in law then proceeded to interrogate me while I drove across Sydney, even correcting my grammar whenever I uttered an incorrect phrase or word. Focusing on the traffic, unappreciated, perplexed and perplexed, I too ask the question: why do people break trust?

I trusted my parents in law would treat me civilly, with respect and appreciation for collecting them from the airport, driving them home and acknowledging my costs for parking charges, fuel & time invested.

In lieu, I received nothing of the sort.

I am with you, Sunshine1! Why do people break your trust???
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance