Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

JamesBluntus
Contributor

Venting

I guess I'm coming here to vent because I think it's better than throwing things and punching things like the wall and the couch. 

I have done nothing but support and care for my friend who has anxiety and depression, to the point where I have actually lost out on sleep to help her. I have given her literally EVERYTHING, including buying a ticket for her to the football out of my own money (she gets bugger all, and I don't get much more but I get more than her) and didn't expect her to pay me a cent. I did this because I knew it would make her happy.

Today, we were chatting and I said I needed to tell her something. Her response was basically that I don't give a shit about her anxiety and stress levels. She followed it up with that I, and her ex boyfriend don't give a shit at all. Never mind that I was intending to go to bed at 10pm last night and ended up staying up until 3am to make sure she was okay.... 

I know it was because of her anxiety, and given that she mentioned her ex-boyfriend, I get the feeling that I copped the spray that she wanted to give her ex-boyfriend. I know she didn't mean it, but as you can understand, that doesn't mean I don't feel any less hurt when I've given her everything, LITERALLY, I would say to the point where my mental health has been put second place, and I cop that. It just hurts so much to hear that.

I just needed to rant. It's made me feel a bit better, but not much.

3 REPLIES 3
JasJac
Senior Contributor

Re: Venting

@JamesBluntus i'm sorry to hear that you are hurting so much.

hRe: Venting

Thank you @JasJac. It just hurts so much when you give everything you have, emotionally to someone, and you get told by them you "don't give a shit".

I suppose I should thank her though, I went to the local RSL to clear my head. Had a Pear Cider and played the pokies. Ended up knocking off the $72 minor jackpot I was playing and coming home with $115.

I hope we can mend it soon though because she literally means the world to me. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: hRe: Venting

Just saw this I had responded to your other post

she sounds as though she is pretty low

she needs professional help

has she got a psychiatrist or psychologist she sees regularly? Is she on medication? 

You can't help medically

yes you need to look after you first

what are your interests? What do you do for fun? 

You are important too not one sided two people in a relationship both important

keep writing on here to vent. Avoid arguing

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance