Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Craft Corner

Hugs @Rubyrose1 ,

At least you have us 🙂

My family are interstate. I haven't heard or spoken to them in over a year. I think we only speak once a year.

I used to hate Christmas and NY. I spend most of them in hospital.

Nowadays, I plan things for myself. Things that will be helpful for my recovery.

@tyme  since going no contact at times it feels like a huge weight has been lifted and I’ve been able to start painting more and return to some of my other creative things but some days I really struggle even to get off the couch , I get stuck thinking about anything and everything, social mead is has become a real trap for me lately as well cos it numbs everything . Anyway here are some of my recent paintings, I’m just learning as I go 

84FFE083-F0B4-482E-B049-4CF255745D9D.jpeg

64CA7AB5-F4D2-4DD1-99E3-2C590EB80265.jpeg

7D020590-01EB-48DB-9026-C217B1429F21.jpeg

E3523E3F-C083-418D-9620-B74C9E282FC9.jpeg

2B1D64FD-BAF0-423B-99A1-DAF00DC996CF.jpeg

CC987EF3-32BC-4BB0-B519-B0E2623D422F.jpeg

12CADDF7-A17A-458E-83C9-3DA3FF36A9C8.jpeg

Yea, social med can really be a trap @Rubyrose1 . I'm not even signed up to them. Not worth my time or energy.

As for the paintings, lovely! Is it watercolour on recycled paper or something? 

@@Tyne they are water colours on Cotten rag paper 

• Hello @Rubyrose1 nice to meet you 😊 I love your paintings of the countryside, you are very talented.
  • My father used to paint outside scene's all the time  as well when he was here.
  • using  cotton rag paper sound's pretty hard, it's good when we find things that we enjoy to occupy our minds.
  •  
  • I try and crocheting and diamond art when I can, I have had to cut-down a  lot from doing it everyday for hours as I have double vision now and can't see what I'm doing  properly close up and  miss holes or stitches and then I ĝet angry with myself. 
  •  
  • @tyme @CheerBear I have not been on this thread for a couple of years forgot it
  •  

Sorry about the dots at the front of messages don't know what I did or how to stop it lol

 Hey @saturnzoon ,

Good to see you. I can see how frustrated you can get from missing holes in cross stitch.

Hang on, I’m sure you can get a stand up magnifying glass. Why should you be deprived of something you enjoy? Also, do you know why you have double vision? I know someone who had double vision. After getting all the checks, all they needed was special glasses. 

IMG_9209.jpeg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance