Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Exo's Exposé

Hello @Exoplanet 

I am back wanting to let you know that I have read your every word and support you with all of your decisions.

I understand your wish for your daughter to come to you.

I also read how strong you are in inviting your sister into your home.

Your home where you live as you choose not as others dictate or judge.

I believe that your home would have a very calming, welcoming ambience.

Trying to work out family  dynamics is nigh impossible.

I think that most families have their own issues with different personalities..

Something that we come to realise we waste far too much time dwelling on what was and what might be..

You are finding yourself in setting wheels in motion for the future. You are strong taking back the reins that probably felt like they were snatched away from you during this whole situation.

I hope that all of this will help you to find time for calm.

I hope that all of this will help clear so many many thoughts racing around in your mind and allow you to be in touch with you at a far deeper level.

This will help you day by day make your choices re your wishes. hopefully in a less overwhelming state.

As far as worrying about saying something wrong..I hope that I am right in telling you not to concern yourself with that. More important for you to consider telling your story..at whatever stage..

@Former-Member will gently let you know if something might need rewording. They are looking after you also and supporting you at the same time.

You do have a special place here for you. A place where you can feel safe. You created this special space yourself with your storytelling.

Come here as often as you need to. 

At the same time do not feel that you always need to respond. 

This is about you.

We are here with you in spirit

sending you love

Sophia 💜

Well said @Sophia1 ..... there is much in there that I wanted to say also .... 💕

@Exoplanet 🌳💕

We all write in our own unique way.

No response being better than another.

A gathering of friends sharing their love in whatever way they can even in silence

thank you @Faith-and-Hope 

@Exoplanet  you are not alone 

💜

Dear @Exoplanet 

Your last post takes my words away. 

I dont feel I can do you justice.  Your planning and courage and managing of life and death.

I have a sister and daughter who have wiped me off.  I know those feelings.

I am glad you have opened your doors for positives even though distance between family can be so hurtful.

Even your description of your voice rising under psychological pressure ... speaks volumes.

Hugs Exo

Apple

@Exoplanet  Hey Exoplanet I have been thinking of you alot and wondering how you were. Am hoping the visit from your sister goes well. I know if I had my sister stay it would be an interesting experience lol. I also hope that your daughter comes to visit soon. You are a lovely person and a very brave woman indeed. Hugs and hugs and loads of love from peaxxxxHeart

Sending all my warmest wishes to you @Exoplanet .  Very glad to hear you are doing some of that paperwork.  It hopefully will make a big difference in you maintaining control and thus dignity over time.  Love  Heart

hugs my @Exoplanet , love seeing your messages everyday xoxo

Hello @Exoplanet 

Not wanting to intrude on your space..

Am here in silence if that is where you need to be..

there are many here at this moment with you..I hope that you can sense this along with me.

love to you 

💜Sophia

My Sisters visit was lovely. There was a lot of 'deep & meaningful chats', but there was a lot of just plain chatting too. She arrived around lunch time, my plan was that we'd go into my little town for lunch, but first we had a cuppa & chatted. I told of the couple of things I'd arranged already & she was very good about them. By the time we went into town, it must have been after 2pm. My little town has a coffee shop, a take away joint & a pub - but the coffee shop & pub had finished lunches & the take away didn't have anything we could eat {I've got a problem with gluten & my Sister is on a particular diet}. We'd bought a bbq chook to have for tea, so we went & sat in the park & pinched a leg each off of it & then got into some of the snacks we'd bought for the evening as well 🙂 Then we went to a look-out spot, I figured it would be nice to do something, that that might avoid the conversation drying up & those awkward silences settling in - it went well. She took some pics with her phone, which had just updated - so it took some time for her to figure out how to do it again 🙂 We got back home at a time for the evening things to begin, another cuppa, a feed for the puppies {who were just soooooo excited that someone else was in their home, that I had to get them to sit outside or in my bedroom a couple of times to ease how much love & cuddles they wanted [insisted] on giving my Sister 😄 }, lit the fire, put the chook & some vegs in the steamer, etc. After tea the conversation did die down a little, so I suggested a movie off netflix. I probably should have looked at the movie info, because of all the movies to pick it was one with Adam Sandler in it - that was all about finding a cure for cancer! I thought Adam Sandler, that'll be good - a comedy, it was good, though different I thought for one of his movies . . . definitely more adult. We both laughed heaps through it, mostly due to adult awkward bits, but laughter all the same 🙂 It did make me think & I told my Sister, if we find a cure for cancer - we end the World. She tells me that Donald Trump has announced America has found the cure, but that she, like so many others, dismissed that & pretty well everything he says. The timing seemed to work well, after the movie it was time for the puppies last wee walk for the night, I popped them into my bedroom & we set up my Sisters bedding. She said she was comfortable & warm [she was right in front of the fire} . . . I did notice a little soft snoring through the night - so I'm pretty sure she slept 😄 In the morning she told me she wanted to shout me a coffee at the coffee shop & that she'd head off from there. She also gave me a lovely beauty cream, she makes her own; she a qualified beautician & also a qualified teacher's aid {she works with children that have special needs, she understands what my daughter experiences with her youngest that is autistic, very well} & a necklace she made out of a bracelet that the catch had broken. I think she was a little nervous about giving me the necklace because it was made from a broken bracelet, but it's beautiful, turquoise & silver; & the beauty of her wanting to give it to me cannot be described. She got me a gluten free chocolate brownie with my coffee . . . it was divine! with real cream & fresh strawberry too! Early in the visit I thanked my sister for being strong for me, but I told her I realized that this situation affected her too, I knew that she was a person & that it was alright for her to be sad. She was a little sad just as we said goodbye, we were about to get into our own separate cars & she suddenly grabbed me, gave me a long, tight hug & cried a little. It was such a beautiful moment for us both Heart

My daughter is coming tomorrow! I'm even more nervous about that visit, though I desperately want it. When she called last night she even suggested it might be today! I'm kinda hoping it's tomorrow, that'll give me time to re-do the few things I prepared for my sisters visit - which seemed to go very well. 

One of the things I was able to ask my sister, was something that I had in my head but wasn't sure about. My mother was a blue baby, I didn't realize my aunt was too. My grandmother had a rare blood type & never had a healthy, live baby. I knew my grandmother had had many miscarrigages & still borns, & that is probably when I had heard about my mother. I think a lot about nature & the natural process of things, I always have. The natural process of things would not have had my mother take a breath, never loan have 4 children. With the natural process my grandmother would never have had a live child. I choose to live my natural life, through it's natural stages & end naturally. 

Good morning @Exoplanet   Sounds like you had some special moments with your sister.  By now your daughter might have come.  Sending strong wishes that this goes well and you find some special times with her too.  

Thinking of you lots and here to support you any time you want - just tag me.  You are writing so eloquently about your thoughts and feelings  at this time - its a beautiful privilege to read what you share.

xx Eth

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance