Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

Works for me @Adge

Lovely picture @Former-Member I can finally see it now.

Adge

Former-Member
Not applicable

How are your birds @Adge

Former-Member
Not applicable

I was thinking one thing to be thankful for is that @Determined was not out on his yet to be purchased motorbike when the storm came 😀

My birds seem happy & chirpy @Former-Member

The 4 baby Java finches almost have their adult colours now (soon) - white cheek patches with bright red beaks.

Until recently they were all-grey, with black beaks (& very skittish).

I'm glad I wasn't on a motorcycle in any storm either - I was once, & it wasn't fun. I haven't ridden in about 20 years.

I was driving (car) on the freeway once, when it hailed so heavily that you couldn't see (& had to stop). Everything was white.

Adge

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Adge Watching the little ones change and grow =   😀.

Getting caught in a storm = 😬

We have some welcome swallows nesting in our carport

( =😀

Funny-ish hailstorm story- from many years ago when I was 20-something and sharing a rental house with friends.

It had been one of those stifling heatwave days. Mid afternoon, a storm front started coming across, along with a cooling breeze. One of my housemates happily announced that she was going out on the front porch to enjoy the cool change.

Next thing you know, the cool breeze has changed to a gusty wind. The door slams shut, hail starts pelting the roof... and our poor housemate starts desperately hammering the outside of the door that the wind has locked shut so that it can "play" with her.

That one was nowhere near as nasty as @Determined's storm, but it was fairly spectacular. Hailstones like large marbles so thick on the ground that it looked like snow, and all the metal downpipes were giving off static electricity shocks if you touched them. The neighbours in the next door rental house came out and had a "snowfight" on their front lawn. One of them in a Stormtrooper outfit, which was a bit weird and kind of appropriate at the same time. 🙂

Stormtrooper_Snow_Ball_Fight.png

I love Swallows @Former-Member They're gorgeous, & fast fliers - so much fun to watch.

That hailstorm story was funny @Smc Maybe not so funny, if I was in it...

Adge

@Former-Member wrote:

I was thinking one thing to be thankful for is that @Determined was not out on his yet to be purchased motorbike when the storm came 😀

I felt sorry for the ambulance and fire brigade heroes who were out in it tending to the people who had  crashed @Former-Member   it was scary enough in the car. On a bike would have been really bad. 

Quick hello while I actually have some internet. It has been a bit slow and hit-and-miss since the storms. Hope everyone is ok. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance