Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Recipes & Snacks

Hi @Daisy15 @BlueBay @Meowmy @Shaz51 @Ali11 @Gazza75 @Adge @greenpea @frog @Owlunar @MDT @TAB @Appleblossom @outlander 

Tonight I made  satay chicken lettuce cups and it was a hit.  I love satay sauce and this one is really simple.

Fry chicken stirfry pieces in olive oil and set aside.

Add peanut butter, sweet chilli sauce, coconut milk, warm water and lime juice (about 3 tablespoons of each, adjust to taste) and heat gently until peanut butter dissolves and sauce thickens.

Add chicken back into sauce.

Serve with sliced red capsicum, cucumber, red onion, coriander and toasted crushed peanuts and rice.

Pile into lettuce leaves and munch out.

For vegos it would be good with boiled eggs instead of chicken, and for vegans just the satay sauce by itself.

Enjoy!

Cooking (especially to share) is my go to hobby when there's a lot going on that I need to distract from.  Tonight it worked pretty well in that respect. 

Sounds so yummy @eth . Love it !!

sounds yum @eth

Sounds amazing @eth – thank you for sharing!

Yum @eth 

Heart

We only have lettuce cup hamburgers now that buns are bad!

Smiley Happy

@Appleblossom @eth Have you ever made mushroom burgers? They can be a little messy but a delightful alternative and great for throwing on the BBQ after a long day.

Yum @Ali11  mushrooms are so good sometimes, so much you can do with them.  One of my favourites is to get large ones, put a little garlic, butter and soy sauce in the middle and grill - a perfect burger substitute.

That sounds delicious @eth Smiley Happy

Hi everyone, hope we're all enjoying some healthy cookery today.

@greenpea @Meowmy @Gazza75 as you know I love choccy after dinner. I found this recipe & am trying to have it instead as a healthy alternative. They are yummy & seem to be working so far.

AFTER-DINNER TRUFFLES

Ingredients

1 cup medjool dates, pitted

1/2 cup unsalted peanut butter

1/2 cup rolled oats

1tsp blackstrap molassas

pinch of salt

2 tbsp cocoa, to coat

Method

1. Blend all the ingredients except the coca in a food processor until the mixture sticks together.

2. Roll into bite-sized balls and place in the fridge for 20 mins to cool.

3. Sprinkle the cocoa onto a plate and roll each of the balls on the plate twice to make sure they're fully coated. Keep refrigerated in an airtight container.

YUM Smiley Tongue

Next time I make them, I'll combine the cocoa with the other ingredients in the blender so it's more chocolatey.

Hi @BlueBay @Ali11 @Appleblossom @outlander @BryanaCamp @Shaz51 @Meowmy @Gazza75 @greenpea 

Yum @BryanaCamp  those treats sound goooood!

Here's the Mexican Stuffed Sweet Potato recipe I mentioned on Friday Feast last night :

Roast 4 medium sweet potatoes (220 C for about an hour), slice in half and cool, scoop out insides and place in a bowl.

Saute 1/2 onion, 1 small zucchini, 1 c red capsicum, 1 c corn (all diced) until tender.

Add 2tsp chili powder, 2 tsp paprika, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp dried oregano and 1 c black beans (or any other beans) and heat through.

Mash sweet potato insides and add 1/2 c coriander, your fave chili sauce to taste, juice of 1 lime and 1/2 c plain Greek yogurt.  Fold in bean/veggie mixture and mix well.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Spoon mixture back into potato skins, top with shredded cheese and heat on high in oven until cheese is bubbly and the rest is warm.

Serve with salsa, Greek yogurt, avocado slices, coriander and shallots chopped finely - whatever Mexican toppings you like.

Enjoy!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance