Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Tabaluga's

@TAB I'm really sorry that happened to you and I understand what you went through. Yes violence is erratic and unexplained, it just happens leaving a child hurt and confused. They should make it harder for people to have kids! My old friend used to say there ought to be a permit you have to get before having children.

I think now with all the social problems and the way the economy is you just wouldn't want to bring kids into this world anyway. I hope you have come to a point in your life where you are free of the past TAB. A child should not have to face those kinds of fears and violence. Your father sounds like he was rotten through and through. Your lovely mum sounds like she put up with a lot. 

Saw an article in The Herald Sun saying family violence has skyrocketed. Up by 60% or something breach of intervention orders. No surprise. When we had the world wide crash lots of family violence was recorded in a well heeled suburb up the road. You could read it in the local rag. Sometimes you are better on your own that hooking up with someone these days as economic pressures lead to family violence. I thought this for a while and wondered what was happening in families these days but yes increases in domestic violence.  

I'm in a happy space now. I have peace in my life. Its been this way for years now. I have my hobbies, my interests and can do as I please.  My life has been good for a long while! I had my dog while he was alive and was just plain happy 

Okay enough thanks @Meowmy 

Good to hear you're chilling

TAB
Senior Contributor

well I managed to sleep this time @StuF .. if was no appt in a few hours prob would have stayed there lol

TAB
Senior Contributor

had nap here @Meowmy  physio in 3 hours. thinking 3rd attempt at getting axe here, ok all have their uses  ..but .. 

1. ist one was like half -size, bought from catalogue
  2. 2nd on semi-block splitter, so un balanced as axe

need trolley too or ask wood guy for a stump to chop on, am doing it on concrete and end up hitting axe heads on concrete der

TAB
Senior Contributor

yeah , mother put up with too much, almost impossible for her to leave in early 1970s when she should have. literally no money, plus infinite shame to family etc etc lol

yes, women are always at butt-end of economic hardship which seems to exacerbate DV etc. Would like to see stats on single women over 50 esp w rents these days. or see all oldies on dating sites that only scammers would go for. its ok for men, then can get economic refugee -brides 30 years younger or dirty old rich men can date 30 y.o's etc, dont think it quite works in reverse @SmilingGecko 

@TAB @StuF @Bill16 hey cool friends, done errands and list outside. Home now. Going for nap. Hope you're all okay

@TAB I hear you. Most people when dating now want to know if you have home ownership which comes up early in the conversation I have been told. Women over 50 are the ones that wind up with nothing after raising a family and caretaking. Having no savings and little super. They tend to veer towards mature group communities so older women can support eachother. I suspect now its worse in terms of poverty and homelessness. The was an article about it in this months Money Magazine 

TAB
Senior Contributor

have a good nap @Meowmy  not long up here. had shower, best thing done all day lol. am dressed and ready for physio in 2 hours now lol. think go to shops for snacks while out. try and do something towards study later , chop some wood and do washing think ha.

TAB
Senior Contributor

I couldnt co-habitate with someone I was in a relationship or anyone for that matter , unless they were right on back fence in a caravan or something. only 2 brs here and cos houso house, they have a common wall. So , No privacy if had a boarder , say. @SmilingGecko 

@TAB you're not the only one who hates iTunes! 

I am not an apple fan,  haven't been since my iPhone overheated and split in half.

Like you I prefer CDs or at least USBs and SD cards. Only problem with CDs is not enough storage room in my car!

Does your car not come with a CD player? That's something to be mindful of in new cars if I upgrade. I've got a 2017 Mitsubishi ASX and it has a CD player, USB and SD connections and I use them more than I do the Bluetooth with my phone.

@SmilingGecko how are you? I've thought about getting an ipod but don't know anything about how to use one!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance