Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: The Community Garden :)

@Zoe7 ..... have a look at @Darcy’s post above about dividing the garden squares with tape ..... (you are already replicating this with pots) but what a wonderful idea to keep it neatly organised and looking like a system. I would love to paint one on the floor somewhere in my house ..... lol 😂

LOL - I could do with squares painted on my floor too @Faith-and-Hope

Love the squares in the garden @Former-Member

thank you @Maggie

I had forgotten about it along with everything else that I have forgotten..

shall check it out when less weary if I remember laugh...

I can recall reading some excellent ideas...some very experienced gardeners...

taCat HappyHeart

@Nay69 Community garden thread.

Wow! Love this site just found it @CheerBear.

Hi @Elin and welcome to the forums. I see you've met one of my dear friends, @CheerBear. She is a very special person.

Hi everyone 🙂 

I was chatting with @Teej the other day about some not-flowers I was spending time with in the garden. Here they are Teej 🐞🐛🦋

201811105.jpg

810206.jpg

2018151.jpg

I watched this one above build its home which is right by my favourite coffee spot. I have no idea what it is going to be but enjoy it's very quiet company 😊

We've had some lovely gardening days (and some not so lovely ones) recently. There's lots of activity in the garden here and so many changes to see every day. Our fruit trees have the start of so much fruit on them. Really looking forward to lots of fruit in summer hopefully!

While I'm here I'll drop off a couple of recent flowers from the garden too.

201947.jpg

I think this is an ice plant (but have no idea really do if anyone knows what it is I'd love to hear). Whatever it is it looks really cool in a hanging basket.

2018130.jpg

Another hanging basket 

201810222.jpg

And this pretty snapdragon. I'm a huge fan of this one as it survived total neglect over winter and was a hidden surprise under an enormous amount of weeds. It's standing bright and proud again now 🙂

Hope those who like time in the garden are getting plenty of it ❤🌼🌹🌳

I love your garden and all the inhabitants @CheerBear

this is my surprise. It was covered with weeds and I hadn’t looked after it. A couple of months ago I gave it a good hair cut. This is the result. I hope this brings cheer to all who read this

E5399C25-77AB-4273-854C-EEF6EA7A2FDF.jpeg

That definitely gave me some cheer to see @Teej 💗 Is it a smelly one? It is so, so pretty 🙂

I'm escaping to the quiet, calm of the garden as much as I can at the moment. This one greeted me this morning

2018145.jpg

It will be the first of (hopefully) lots of garden deliciousness to come 🙂

Morning @CheerBear if you are around. My rose is a lovely scented one. I’m so glad you are finding solace in your garden. I’m hoping to soon as well. I need the boys to help move a few things. The problem with big terracotta pots is that weeds grow up around them and they are too heavy for me to move. I will feel better about it and be more organised when that is done. 

Im so looking forward to seeing the produce from your garden. I still have a long way to go with veggies. 

I learned something about myself  the other day when I posted here. I took a photo of my sage plant which I love (and we use often) but was so disappointed to see that the photo showed the plant had been munched on a bit as well. My perfectionist streak was so strong and it changed my emotions and stopped me from posting it. I think I need to probably put pictures up warts and all to be authentic about my garden. I used the sage last night and it was still delicious. 

Note to self....stop avoiding things if they are not perfect. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance