Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

Not bad thanks @Zoe7.

A bit jittery this morning but coming good I hope. Good weather tends to help the mood 🙂

It is still really overcast here but the sun is trying to find it's way through the clouds @GoatV2-0 It is still too wet for me to do any gardening but that is ok because I don't have a lot of energy today - think I may need to have a sleep - got to bed too late last night and up early - it might help me to get mor motivated later this afternoon.

I struggled to get through the day yesterday. It wasn't just the loss of my wonderful dog but the fact that she had been there through some of the most difficult times in my life - the death of both my parents, my divorce, the abusive relationship that followed, the rehabilitation after my accident. All these events were triggered and I was tearful and depressed.

Having my dog there was a huge source of comfort. She didn't have to do anything - just be there and that was enough. Perhaps, people could learn something from that. They aren't expected to fix your problems. They just need to be present.

Anyway, I'm feeling a lot better today but I know that tomorrow when we scatter her ashes and say goodbye to her physical remains, it will be a sad occasion.

Will be thinking of you tomorrow @soul - that will be such a hard thing for you to do. Our fur babies comfort us through so much by - as you said - just being there. There are no expectations and no conditions attached - just love and companionship - two things we all need in our lives. I hope tomorrow brings back those happy memories as well and you can hold onto those while you also say goodbye 💕

Thinking of yoiu tomorrow @soul, it will be a tough day for you but remember she will always be with you.  

Love and hugs @soul HeartHeart xxxooo

Thinking of you too @soul ..., ❤️

How are you doing @Zoe7 ?

I managed a walk home tonight ..... km’s are adding up.  

Hi @Faith-and-Hope

Yes its Milo 

Will be thinking of you tomorrow @soul - HeartHeart

I am having an art journal night .... I am ignoring all homework.  It can wait ..... it’s the weekend ....

@Zoe7 @oceangirl @Shaz51 @soul @BlueBay .... anyone else around ....

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance