Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Bipolar

So not sure how to deal with this one
My husband is living in his unit the children and I are in our family home
I keep myself busy working 3 jobs but I also love to do things at home little jobs like painting and stuff but my husband always says to me see you seem to do more when I'm not around I know you can cope with out me funny you take charge when I'm not there I don't know how to reply to this he feels useless
Please help me

Hi @Uggy78

The simple answer to this would probably be -

I cope without you because I have to, for the sake of the kids, but it's not my preference .... it's better for the kids to have their two parents in the home.  Do you think we can work something out so you are at least here part-time ?  Loving someone is more than simply managing the functions of eveyday life.  Relationships are about engagement, and it takes everyone contributing.

I hope that helps ....

❤️

F&H

Bee40
Casual Contributor

My 16 year old daughter has Bipolar Type 1 and she has recently come out of a manic episode. Even though her meds are still being worked out in terms of what dose will work for her, my fear is will she ever be able to lead a normal life. Her friends at school know she has health issues but so far we are very reluctant for them to know her state of health due to bullying by others from her circle of friends. I feel so upset that she has bipolar and struggle to comprehend if her life will ever be the same as before. I'm also scared that her life will be one of stays in hospital (she has had 2 stays in hospital so far) and struggles with life in general.

Hi @Bee40 welcome to the forums.  I am sorry to hear you are struggling, but it's perfectly understandable.  That's why we are all here, walking along with each other, and I find that invaluable in my own circumstances.

I have a DIL who is challenged with Bipolar, but she and my son keep very much to themselves about it, and I have been reluctant to even ask whether it's 1 or 2.  We just try to meet her where she's at, and make sure they know we are available, but she has a troubled relationship with her own family, and hasn't really engaged with ours, so I am not much help to you in that regard.  I am trying to learn more about it myself, to increase my understanding and compassion.

Come and join us on the Hot Chocolate thread if you would like to meet some other Carers.

🌷💜

F&H

Good afternoon @Uggy78, @Bee40. @Ellu

checking in to see how you are going , love to hear from you , sending you hugs Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance