Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Changing meds

Oh sweetheart I'm sorry.

Would ice help?

@WIP 

@Emelia8 @outlander 

Gee, you may have broken your nose @WIP 😵  Ouch.

I can understand your embarrassment around going to ECT class with the black eyes. But it would be a real shame if you didnt go. Any chance you can just be totally honest about how it happened with the whole class? I realise it may be difficult to find an opening to do that however. The instructor may be able to assist you, if you ask?

I fell out of bed during the night. I was moving my puppy (he sleeps in bed with me) and I didn't realise he was so close to the edge and as I picked him up (half asleep) and twisted him over my body I lost balance, fell out of bed and hit my head/nose on the bed side table. I think I collected some of the books I have on the floor too, as I've got bruises on each elbow where I landed on my arms. @outlander 

So STUPID!! But I'm on new sleeping meds, so was totally out of it.

Think I'll go to the doctors tomorrow. They may tape it.

plus I'll go to the chemist for some bruise cream, I've been googling it and Arnica Cream seems popular.

How are you going?

I'm confused with whether to ice it or heat pack.

I did it Thursday night. They say ice straight away, then heat. But the heat has bought out more bruising down the side of my nose @Anastasia 

I think I've fractured it, looking at pictures & info on google ☹️☹️

I think I've fractured my nose @Emelia8 ☹️

I was thinking of calling the instructor tomorrow and explaining what has happened, and how anxious I'm feeling and how worried I am about people in the class may react.

Dont know what to do with my psychiatrist. It's my last session with him, so I shouldn't care I guess?!?!?

Oh @WIP please know that you are never "bothering us" that's what friends are for. Here for each other. Your issues aren't pathetic sweet L. Sitting with you beautiful girl ❤️

@WIP wrote:

I think I've fractured my nose @Emelia8 ☹️

I was thinking of calling the instructor tomorrow and explaining what has happened, and how anxious I'm feeling and how worried I am about people in the class may react.

Dont know what to do with my psychiatrist. It's my last session with him, so I shouldn't care I guess?!?!?

Yes, I think a trip to the go and a call to the instructor @WIP xxx

Ouchy @WIP
Ice is better it helps with the swelling. Or you can alternate ice and heat. Heat helps with pain but not good for swelling.
Id be getting an xray. It sounds broken but hopefully not

If your not up for dbt then its ok to call it for this week. going to drs and getting treated sounds a little more important plus a broken nose can be painful esp when talking alot.

I wondered if you could go to emergency tonight? It doesnt sound very nice. They can do xrays and treatment quicker  

Yes I suspect you're right about fracture @WIP .  Certainly sounds like it. Hopefully its not dislocated and will heal fine.

Good idea to phone and talk to the instructor, I'm sure they will help. 

I would not be concerned about the psychiatrist. Tell him how it happened if he asks. If he doesnt ... I guess it doesnt matter. Maybe he doesnt care?  Or maybe he will feel very righteous coz he didnt want to give you sleep meds in the first place?  My suggestion? ... Walk away from your final apt, and let him have his little bit of fun. You dont need him any more.

I'm just so upast @Anastasia 

I had a couple of wins last week and now this. 
I look like a domestic violence victim - it's really bad. It's going to take a week or two for the bruising to settle down. And if he sends me off for X-rays, I hope they bulk bill. I'm not going to go to the new GP I found, she's over $40 out of pocket for a consult and I had to pay $500 hospital excess for the DBT course.
I hate being unwell, I hate being broke, I hate having no friends/support. And most of all I hate myself. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance